Friday, August 05, 2005

Silence is Golden

But rocking out is platinum. And once again it screwed me over. You might remember the last incident involving my car, a couple of fine chicas, and a John Hughes style payoff. If not, you should read up, it was quite the post.

Today, as I do every friday, I put on my green visor, fake mustache, suspenders, and partially smoked cigar that never seems to ash. You see, I'm the editor for my school rag, the MorrisCode. Like that name? It's just so clever it makes me want to punch somebody. Anyway, as it is a silly and thankless job except for the whole having-free-reign-to-print-and-title-articles-as-I-so-choose thing, I always bring my iPod to keep things rolling along nicely. Or at least just nicely enough that I don't develop editorial coprolalia and just start printing four letter words all over the paper. So this morning, I put on the headphones, hopped in the Yorker, and drove to school.

I looked pretty badass if I do say so myself, and the CAKE serving itself up in the form of driving bass and quirky lyrics in my ears was really helping the illusion. So I didn't pay close attention to things. Like my lights being on... all morning. Don't worry I found out... the instant I tried to start my car. Make that the second instant. The first time around I just though "Wow, when I can't hear my car doesn't even feel like it's on." When putting it into gear didn't work I became suspicious.

So now my car is taking a breather in a parking lot at my college and I had the joy of walking back. Two good things came out of this: 1.) I perfected my pimp walk while listening to "Like this and like that" by the capital S, oh yes, the fresh N-double O-P, D-O-double G-Y D-O-double G, ya see and 2.) I was still listening to my iPod and sitting at the computer when Rob got home. I had no idea. He talked to me for about 15 minutes and thought I was ignoring him. He says he said so many times. Then I turned around, saw him and said "Oh when did you get back." He was so angry. It was wonderful.

For now though, off to Josh's wedding. It's on the other side of town so I'd better get to walking.

- Scott

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:53 PM

    I find myself laughing at you right now, not quite uproariously, but definitely more than a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again I'd like to illustrate how typical days go at the Scott/Rob Apartment. You can clearly guess how in-depth and rewarding most of our conversations are by how long it took me to realize that Scott listening to headphones is only slightly less attentive than Scott Not listening to headphones. All in all that day was like most others. By the end I find myself laying in bed, awake at night, trying to figure out the best way to get away with murder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He generally comes to the conclusion that the only way he could is if he looked as good as me. And that's not likely baby!

    Whoooo!


    - Scott

    ReplyDelete