Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Advocate Anonymity? Perhaps. Just not right now.

I fully expect that in one way or another, I'll eventually be famous. Or infamous. That's more likely the word for it. But when that happens I'll really miss the fun things I could only do as a member of a large, faceless crowd. Like Tuesday, I went for a nice long roller blade. I hadn't done it in a while and by the end of it I felt like a rickshaw driver pulling Rosie O'Donnell. So I took a break on a bus stop bench. The bench in question was about 8 inches off the road. I could literally touch passing cars. It was a good position to enjoy the breeze that comes off the cars as they speed down Chatham.

Eventually they hit a red light, and who should I see but a girl named Sarah. You might remember my interview with her. If not, too bad. I'm hardcore and being hardcore, I refuse to repeat myself. Anyway she was a few cars back in the lane closest to me. And she somehow hadn't recogonized me. But to be fair I was wearing a Chicago Sanitation shirt and sunglasses, so I looked pretty working-class hot. Normally I'm white collar hot, the poor girljust couldn't reconcile the two. Anyway the light turned green and she was passing slowly by (5-10 mph-ish) I practically stuck my head in her car and yelled "HI SARAH!" Then was treated to my first ever driving-away-from-me scream of terror. It was great. I even fell over laughing, mostly because of the rollerblades and the hill but I was laughing at the time.

But these are small shenanigans, I've got some bigger stuff lined up for the next few months. Like next week, I'm MC'ing an event at the State Fair. That should be fun. Except that it's related to my school, so not only am I flirting with tar and feathering (we're talking Springfield people, it's basically 1850 here) but also expulsion. After that, I've got my largest MorrisCode assignment yet: on location in New Orleans. I'm down there for the National College Media Convention, from October 27th to the 30th. If you're going to be in town look me up, I'll be the really attractive guy.

- Scott

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Funny post. Thanks for scaring me jerk. I can just imagine you in New Orelands. Try to keep yourself out of trouble. And lookout for shemales. There's more of them down there then you can imagine. Or so I've heard.

    - Sara (NO H)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sara, welcome to the blog. You're right, Scott is a jerk, but he is entertaining more often than not. You really should come over and visit the apartment sometime. Scott keeps trying to convince me that there really are girls at Robert Morris, but I've yet to see any evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:12 PM

    Hey, you have a wonderful blog here! Without doubt I will return for another look ! I have a top health products reviewed site. It definitely encompasses a lot that corresponds to top health products reviewed material. If you have got the chance, your are welcome to come and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! You got two pieces of blogspam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Unwanted Advertising Batman! We're being spammed, via blog. Listen here losers, my blog is NOT a peddling ground for your shitty products. Nobody cares about your "health products" or one Dad's guide toddlers. What do you know, when Dr. Spock posts something about toddlers I'll listen. THAT's news. But as for you you can fuck off.

    Never try to spam me again asshole. Or I will track you down. That's right, I'll get Single White Female on your asses. And NO ONE wants that. Well, except for the hummer wake up. That'd be ok. BUT NO OTHER PART!

    - Scott

    P.S. Don't hold your breath on that hummer wake up either.

    P.P.S. On second thought, please do.

    ReplyDelete