Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Taco Gods Smile Warmly On Me

Four wise men called 311 once quipped "One million people come and go, through a person's ebb and flow and faces keep on changing, yeah they're changing." How true. But it would be even true-er if they had sung it about Taco Bell's menu. Because one of my dear, dear friends was stolen from me a few months ago. All of a sudden ripped out of my life like so much idiom.

But then, just as I had recovered from my terrible loss, the Taco Fates smiled down on me, and heralded the return of my friend with a grand banner: "The Cheesy Gordita Crunch is back!!!" I went to Taco Bell immeadiately. Apparently a lot of people loved the CGC, because the place was packed. And even if they weren't there for it... they sort of were. Taco Bell really only has 11 ingredients combined about 30 different ways. 60 if you count the addition or subtraction of sour cream and tomatoes. They call that "supreme" and with all the Supreme Court stuff in the news lately, Taco Bell is all I can think about. Damn subliminal marketing to hell!

- Scott

5 comments:

  1. Windizzle, sorry about 'outing' your blog. It didn't really occur to me (7 or 8 months ago) that you have wicked undercover status. Worst of all, I couldn't get rid of the listing so I changed my review. It now, ever so discreetly says: "Nobody's blog."

    It's fool proof.


    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott, I got an idea. How about you post about food. No seriously? You like Taco Bell? How about the gallon of whale lard you sucked down last night? How about you tell everyone about the nice mass of Chocolate Chip Cookies you are currently storing in your ass. No seriously folks, he's like a chipmunk. But instead of storing things in his face cheeks, it's his ass... after he devours an entire package in 2.2 seconds.

    Hide your cookies, Scotts out now and I think he's on the prowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the whale lard *you* sucked down last night. Oh wait... that's right it wasn't quite whale lard, but it was of a similar texture and color.

    Moving right along... Did you actually say "No, seriously folks"? Who are you Carson Daly? You know, the language, the appearance, sucking down copious amounts of "whale blubber"... you just might be. Say, where were you around 1:00 last night? Hosting a TV show?


    - Scott

    P.S. The cookies were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, as always, you amaze me with your ingenuity. You have all the stealth of a tiger and the genius of a one of those seals who can clap on cue.

    P.S. Feel free to "out" Don't Ask Wendy in case this shameless self promotion doesn't hook a few of your regulars anyway.

    ReplyDelete