Monday, April 11, 2005

It's been a long time since I blog and roll...

Sorry, listening to some Zepplin right now. That one just slipped by. Today was a pretty productive day, I got the play I was writing finished, got a robot to navigate a maze (then attempted to program a victory dance, but instead decided to hump the robot in celebration), and banged out the latest edition of the campus craze the MorrisCode. My newsletter. Or the campus newsletter, but I'm a direct influence over it. Oh yes, I twist the print to my will. Makes me feel like God, or at the least Martin Luther.

Part of the issue was a kind of spotlight interview with a member of the student body (as an antiphrasis, that's also how I choose the person; by their student body.) But, as if by some embryonic choice, those with the better bodies tend to not have the better minds among us. I don't know if books have some de-attraction-ing effect on readers, or if ignorance being bliss, happy people just look better, but it's a pattern I run into a lot. Like today, I interviewed a girl that we will call "Sara" to protect her identity, and also because that's her name. I like her alot, she's a nice girl, but she makes Jessica Simpson look like Ann Coulter...well as far as information goes. The article was titled "If I was President..." and is a direct rip off from the now defunct George magazine.

I gave her the questions and left her to work out her answers, 20 minutes later she came back and had just a few questions here they are verbatim:

I was wondering, what's a pardon? Also, what's the Oval Office, the Lincoln Bedroom, and the State of the Union Address? Is it like the address of my house on a street?
I tried not to laugh and answered them as best I could. But somewhere out there a history teacher is rolling in his grave. Or, if he's still alive, rolling in his slightly rusty Toyota. The interview gave some really hilarious answers, so I think I'll post the best ones in the comment section. Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Give your party a name:

    The party that never stops =)

    Why should we elect you?

    Because the White House needs someone to help bring up the morale. Someone Red, White and Blue, through and through.

    Why shouldn’t we?

    Because I know nothing about politics.

    Whom would you pardon?

    Martha Stewart -- that lady can make a mean batch of cookies.

    Name a reason to go to war:

    To meet other people from across the world.

    Write the first sentence of your State of the Union Address:

    I state to the Union that...

    Seriously, it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious, Scotty. I like how she equates blowing people up with meeting them. She's great - you should totally ask her out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Your newsletter?!?! ;-P
    btw... loooooved the proofreading job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staff...hahaha..."member"...heh heh. Ok, now that I've had my minimum daily requirement of immaturity I can get to my question. Who the hell is this?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:50 AM

    Who do you THINK this is, Scotty?

    ReplyDelete