Thursday, March 31, 2005

You vant my blood?!

So, today was the Robert Morris College blood drive. I was psyced because I schedualed my timeslot specifically to get out of Econ with Mr. Ron-Probably-Satan-Incarnate Ulmer. This was the perfect plan, and made even perfect-er when I learned that I was supposed to have my project proposal done today. Sometimes my genius extends beyond my ability to comprehend it. Think about that for a minute, ahh colors, pleasing shapes, reflective surfaces, spinning around...Wait, I was thinking of a mobile.

Anyway, I went down to the basement of the school (where they decided would be the best locale for taking the blood of the living) and got in line to give my blood. I instantly started in on vampire jokes, and was having a good time. However the good mood was hampered by what I can only describe as the least pleasant receptionist in the history of time. Or at least the universe. This she just kept bitching at how many people showed up.

"You were all supposed to have appointments" She yelled, then slightly more quietly bitching, "how many more are there? I've been at this since 7 this morning"

Yeah, it must really inconvience you that all these people want to give their blood. It's not like you wanted it. Oh wait. Yes, yes it was your posters begging us for blood to fill the nearly bankrupt blood bank of Springfield. How horrible that people actually showed up. Man, there's even the off chance that an EXTRA person might survive a horrible accident. So I can really see where you're comming from here, what a bother. It was then that I decided I was going to steal the braclets AND the tee shirt. You're supposed to go one or the other. I think I showed them.

The real fun of the day was when I got to the questions they ask you. The first one is inevitably 'Have you ever, at any point in your life, donated blood under a different name?' Now when people are lazy, overtired, and overworked (or so they decided) it may seem like a bad time for a joke. I like to think it's the perfect time for a joke, because who doesn't need humor then? Nobody that's who. Doesn't. So a funny thing to do the next time you give blood is to wait for this question, look nervously over your shoulders, lean in close and say "H-how should I answer if I'm in Witness Protection?" I promise you the look on their faces will negate any awkwardness you feel as you do it. Hilarious.

It's also fun to take way more cookies than they want to give you when you're in the snackage area. On the way back to Econ (to turn in the proposal I banged out) I passed a room that had a bunch of pizza's, cans of soda, and no supervision. So I walked into econ with a plate of pizza, a can of soda (tea actually) and minimal supervision. I'm sure someone appreciated that one. And that was my day, tune in tomorrow (depending on what I'm up to...) and be educated on 'The Pissing Contest'.

- Scott

5 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, and Rob? I AM terrifying. In the same way that Batman is terrifying. Just ask Nathan Rice, Kristin, or Stephen. I'll occasionally hide in some unlikely place and jump out once you're nice and settled in. I strike fear into the hearts of evil doers! Or just people whose rooms I have access to. Whichever.


    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy giving blood, mostly because I'm an excellent bleeder. This is mostly due to the fact that most of my veins are larger in circumference than my actual arm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:12 AM

    wow..thanks for the compliments scott. it really means a lot coming from you. I mean, abby and i read your blog almost religiously and i really admire your blogging abilities. oh..and as for luke, he did have a big beard during facial hair february, but he had to shave it for mustache march...it may be gone now april doesn't really have any good names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I suggest Apiarian April wherein one must grow a beard of bees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, can't say that I do. We just went for the same lame Vampire joke. And shame on you. Posting the exactly the same thing twice, then adding onto it the 2nd time? Tisk tisk. Really. Did you think I wouldn't know? Better luck next time.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete