Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Oh the hairmanity

"Welcome to MasterCuts, I understand you're here for an interview."

"Yes, I'd really like to work here"

"Well, I have a few questions for you. First of all, do you suck at cutting hair?"

"No."

"I'm sorry, this interview is over. Please leave, and never come anywhere near our franchises"

That's the scene that's played out over a thousand MasterCuts's hundreds of times a year. A qualified applicant decides she wants to work there and the manager laughs for a good three minutes then throws her out on her ass. Trust me, it's what happened, it MUST be. Because I was just there. I usually go to His Excellency in Alton where the customer is King, and oddly, the staff knows how to cut hair. If you can imagine such a place. MasterCuts apparently, cannot.
I should have known it was going to go badly for my hair the second I walked in. I even left an away message to this effect:

One man, one hair cut, millions of individual hairs. The dilemma; to wait in my cousin 'It' like stage on the only place I get my hair cut, or...THE DREADED MALL HAIR CUT.

Damn it, I'm off to get my beautiful hair butchered.

But I went in anyway, and lo and behold they asked me what I was there for. "An ice cream cone and a blow job what the hell else?" I thought, "A hair cut" I said. Despite my specific instructions on how I wanted my hair cut I got an "I think I know what you mean, now that I have some dumbass idea in my head I can shut my brain off...ah that's better" from the 'hair cut expert'. She was one of those people that it's pretty clear went into cutting hair because McDonalds requires too much thought and she hasn't found her sugar daddy yet.

Then she began the hair cut, I should have known not to go there in the first place, but I should have bolted from the chair when she seemed to have trouble figuring out how to put the 'hair cut cape' on me. I watched in horror as she went at my hair with the scissors the way drunken freshmen go after girls at the bar. Except the drunken freshmen probably have the edge with their slightly better motor skills and thought process. I tried to correct for her mistakes with suggestions but in the end I probably made it worse. By the time it was over I looked like an extra in a Flock of Seagulls video.

The kicker: Somehow she managed to make it look like I have a cone head. Which is almost impossible because I know for a fact I have an abnormally round head. To give you an idea of how bad it was, when I got home (about 10 minutes ago) I whipped out the scissors and fixed it myself. The scary thing is that I did a better job than she did. So now it looks passable. But I'm seriously considering sending her a pair of broken scissors and a copy of this post.

- Scott

9 comments:

  1. Ok, so blogger is going OCD. It posted my rant on MasterSucks about 3 times. When it chills out I'll delete the additional posts, but for now just comment on this one.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, excellent 1/2 of a post. However somewhere around the middle it takes a left turn into the realm of sass. And really Smalls, you're lucky I'm not feeling Strong Badian. Because that would have been "DELETED". And really, "hope that you did something really stupid and posted about it"? My adventures aren't stupid. They're inspired. Inspired by who or what I don't know, however I do suspect the Illuminati.

    You're sassing me, and on your favorite books you list "Angles (sic) and Devils"? What is that, the tale of Satan and his protractor? Because I'd have to say, it's not on my 'to-read' list.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it, Scott. Berate the new readers of your blog and then complain when no one comments. You sure know how to work the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeez, Timmy. Some lighthearted ribbing and you take offense? Even Abby didn't get worked up over it. And it was mostly so I could make fun of 'Angles and Devils'. That one still makes me laugh.

    There is, however, a more prudent reason that I shall explain at a later time, in a more private venue. But for now it's of to school looking like I just joined the army.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. ONE TIME, when I went to Super Cuts (because I enjoy the adventure of never really knowing what my hair will look like when I leave) the damn ig'nant fool of a woman gave me a fancy mullet. And when the steam burst forth from my ears and my eyes protruded a good three inches from their sockets, she tried to explain: "See... well, what I was trying to do here was... well... see? It's fancy here."

    Yes. A Fancy Mullet. Excellent. You're fired.

    And I do believe she was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that "Angles and Devils" bit WAS pretty funny. I bet Satan has a hell of a protractor. Hey-oh!

    For a long time, I believed the Great Clips here at Drake had a secret conspiracy to give me a mullet. No matter how much I emphasized the back, they would always leave it too long. I seriously began to believe that there were instructions when they brought my name up on their computer - "Psst...we always try to give this kid a mullet. Go on, do it. It's hilarious."

    I just thought it was weird that they actually typed "Psst" on their computer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:44 PM

    Scott,
    I've been reading your post for a long time and have just recently started posting. I must say that you have truly outdone yourself with this one...keep the funny coming.
    Amy
    P.S. Please don't berate me for anything I said here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, Amy I wouldn't berate you. In fact I'd A-rate you. Because that's some Grade-A woman there. I kid Smalls, AKA Abby like that because it's our relationship. Ok, wait. It's how I relate things to her. There, now it doesn't sound like a marriage.

    Anyway, thanks for the props Ames I do try to entertain my masses. And welcome to my blog. Feel free to comment anytime.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dammit Smalls! It's "The Da Vinci Code." Not Davince. When posting about spelling issues... make sure you spell everything right.

    Scott, You suck. Your Blog Sucks. Everything here... sucks.

    (I think too many people are starting to almost, dare I say, fear you. I want to nip that right away)

    ReplyDelete