Sunday, March 20, 2005

Oh no, it's a double blogger

I feel like I don't want to dwell on the last post, so after waiting a whopping 5 minutes I decided to post the one I've been meaning to post for awhile now. Here goes: I don't know how many of you actually stick around after the Gilmore Girls and watch the latest half baked offering from the WB called The Starlet but it...is...HILARIOUS.

I'm not sure it's even intentionally hilarious and, as we know, unintentional hilarity is really the best kind. The first of the things they couldn't possibly have planned on was this; a girl from the wildly successful MTV show SurfGirls (what, you mean to say you don't remember it either?) ended up on the Starlet. It was Neva, the one with no surfing talent at all who pretty much washed out instantly. Seriously, the girl could barely swim. Naturally looking around for another profession in SoCal she decided on acting. The funny thing? She acts worse than she surfs. She made it to the 2nd episode this time. All of this leads me to wonder what her next televised failure will be? Maybe the WNBA? Oh wait, I said televised, which implies someone watches it... Sorry WNBA, but the funniest part of Juanna Man was people caring about women's basketball.

Next up, the model trying to turn actress: Mercedes. She's pretty much exactly what you picture a model to act like, vein, arrogant, an air of superiority. Which makes this next exchange all the better. They were working with the director of a commercial, and after she finished her run through he said:

"Oh you're a model, have you modeled?"

Confidently, arrogantly, proudly: "Yes"

"Ok, now we just have to make you a person"

I laughed until I nearly cried. Then I went ahead and cried. You should have seen her expression after that one. Ah, classic. So the assignment for this week is to watch The Starlet and laugh at how rediculous it all is. I expect your report on my blog by Tuesday.

- Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment