Sunday, March 20, 2005

Comas are so inconvient

Yeah, I wish I had such a good excuse for not posting for nearly a week. Sadly the real reasons are not as soap-opera dramatic. But just for a moment let's reflect on how cool it would be if I were in a coma and they found a way to hook the internet up to my brain, but I thought I was still living a normal life and my only way to communicate would be through this blog. Whoa, how do I know I'm not doing that RIGHT NOW? Who knows, maybe I can fly in here...

Ok the horrible pain and the cracking sound when I jumped down from my refridgerator leads me to believe that this is real life, and that I need to drink more milk. Anyway, when I'm not leading to the further subsidization of the cattle industry, I like to play pranks. Sometimes they go horribly, horribly wrong. For instance, who thought writing 'boobs' on someone's blog could lead to a real life meeting in which you reveal yourself as their secret admirer? Not this cat. That's for sure.

Here is the story in short. One day I was bored. It happens. What can you do? In my case you find a random means of entertainment. And on this day during my obsessive away message checking I noticed someone (who will remain nameless for their sake) had a blog. Well, I thought I would comment.

"BOOBS!"

More in the comments section....

1 comment:

  1. This evolved into:

    "Wow. Great post. BOOBIES!" But this time she reacted and asked "Hey...I am just wondering who the hell is writing this...so if ya wanna tell me YOU REALLY SHOULD...cuz it would make a good entry!!!"

    Hmm, this has possibilities I thought. Next post she was a bit stressed so I replied:

    "Whenever you're feeling low, just look down. And you know what you'll see?



    BOOBIES!"

    Again she wanted to know what the deal was, so I decided that on the next post I'd write something really interesting:

    "Ok, I need to fess up. I'm the one behind the rampant posting of BOOBIES to your blog. I'm not sure why, I think being at this school is making me a little crazy. But nothing a little alcohol can't fix, right? LOL

    Anyway you kinda know me. I go to SIUE and I think you're pretty fine. I'll tell you what. If you can guess who I am I'll tell you. Then, who knows...


    -Mystery Man"

    This of course had the same effect as putting baking soda in vinegar. Quite a reaction. I hadn't really expected much. I posted more random messages like:

    "How would you like me to expose myself? I could show up at your room wearing a trench coat and flash you. Or maybe do the PeeWee Herman and whip it out in a movie theater? There's a lot of ways I could expose myself I guess. Maybe you could expose me...LOL! Here's your next hint:

    I have brown hair.

    - Mystery Man"

    Finally the game had gone on long enough and she had to know who it was. So, I went to her school (fortunately I have some friends there). And had arranged to meet her there in the cafeteria at 5:32PM. She was late, and when she saw it was me I didn't really get the laughter I had hoped for. Instead it was a kind of cold anger. Maybe it's a prank that works better when you actually know the person. But I didn't want her to be embarrassed or anything, so I was a bit self-deprecating throughout the whole thing. Maybe I didn't need to be though, as I found this on her blog today:

    "Oh yeah, I forgot to say...I met mystery man...a.k.a. Scott Gresham who was playing a prank on me. Yeah, not so funny...but let me tell you I was going to have his ass if my plan would had worked out!"

    Come to think of it, she did have three giant guys come over a bit later, so maybe it worked out for the best. Needless to say I'll be sure to think more about the other person in the future.

    ReplyDelete