Thursday, March 10, 2005

A funny blog happened on the way to the forum

"Don't berate the small audiences for being small. They showed up. They're the good guys."
- Rules of Standup. (Quoted vaguely because I forgot which comedian said it. They're important though.)

"A forum is almost better for regular posts as opposed to a blog, however it's great for reading your stories and not have them cluttered with other people's crap."
- Steve Harmon

Things I've been considering lately: Hi, my name is Scott and I am a comment addict. *HI SCOTT* It doesn't really matter what they say, I enjoy them. You can even observe the limits of my tolerance in not deleting the Emily Eyers comment on my audio post a way's down the page. In my drunken rambling I said something to the effect of "comment damn you!" For this I am sorry, because you (that read my blog) are the good guys. Except for Rob who has repeatedly stated that he is my arch nemesis. But he's family, what can I do? Try to date his sister. That's about it.

Here's the thing about comments, I don't need them to praise me as a genius (which they do anyway) I like them because I'm what you call a conversationalist. I enjoy banter almost as much as potato guns, though I do miss the potential for fatal injury. Hmm, thinking about it, I've put myself into many a conversation where that was an actual possibility. So, I guess they're equal.

Anyway, as I alluded to earlier, maybe the half baked solution (my favorite kind) to this problem would be to resurrect the forum idea. I have had them on all my other sites (see this post) and they've always been the hot spot. Right now I have a bit of a monopoly, which I intend to keep. But the thought of setting up a puppet democracy under my behind-the-scenes ruling with an iron fist-ness really appeals to me. As my momma told me, I've gotta shop around for the right message board, so it's just an idea. But a fun one. So what do you, the loyal readers of my blog think? Redundant? Or brilliant?

Now I'm out. I expect to have a kick ass time in J-ville this weekend. If you're reading this, and you're going to be in J-ville call me *I promise you won't be arrested.



* Sentences following a single asterisk are made under the assumption I won't be held to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment