Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Short bus? More like FAT BUS

Left late for school today. That's not exactly strange. But I always, always, always make it out in front of the damned school buses. Always until now. I was 15 freaking minutes late because the bus in front of me had to stop every twelve feet to pick up some little fat ass off the stoop in front of their house. God forbid they have to march their chubby little thighs down the street to a central collection point. No! Why don't we just drive across the grass right up to their doors where the forklift operator will lift their 300 pounds of latch-key lard into the bus. Maybe that would be more convenient. Do we even need the pop-out stop sign anymore? They don't even cross the street, the bus turns around to let them out on that side. And really, I think the real danger is bouncing one of the little Gloops into an intersection, which they would completely clog.

In short, I hate buses and the fat-ness of children they promote. Thank you for your time, and good night.

- Scott

7 comments:

  1. I've got the same problem in my neighborhood. There are three stops with two houses in between and one lady who lets the kid sit in the heated or air conditioned car until the bus opens its doors and ONLY THEN will the porker rolls out--as slowly as humanly possible--and waddle over to the bus.

    When I was in middle school, I walked four blocks and crossed the busiest street in our neighborhood to get to the bus stop. And there were two. Two stops with 20 kids each.

    No wonder American kids are all fat and having heart attacks. Can't even walk to the bus stop anymore, lazy little something somethings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part about this, is that yesterday I got the other end of that nonsense... the I got off work at 3:30 yesterday and got hung up behind all the drop offs. Some of the kids were cute, I'll admit. But it did stop every 5 feet, AND I saw on 2 seperate occassions where the only POS that got off the bus, immediately walked 3 feet to his parents car and got in. Maybe these people don't understand the concept of the bus. Or maybe he was kidnapped. either way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad I never had to ride the bus as a kid. It seems like the bus is nothing more than a petri dish for a plethora of socially debilitating experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you'd never get beat up talking like that. Petri what? Me no like you sound. I catch foot ball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:41 PM

    If you want to see fat, lazy kids, work at a camp, especially at the beach or pool. There you see them at their worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, Harry...no one WANTS to see the fat, lazy kids...and I, for one, am a little afraid that you've been eyeing them at the pool. That's sick, man.

    I always had to sit next to the fat kid on the bus because I was the last stop. Back in my day, we only had ONE fat kid. Most days, though, I walked to school. To avoid being beat up.

    Also, Tim gets 20 points for use of big words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said, 2 hotty, but you and Johnny Virgil (who links you, btw) are approximate twins on this one, it begs the question at least...
    http://15minutelunch.blogspot.com/2005/03/stop-in-name-of-law.html

    ReplyDelete