Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Shower is Scary Again

I've noticed a trend in recent cinema, and that trend is that bathtubs have become the most terrifying implement of modern hygene. Think about it, The Ring, The Ring Two, Dark Water, Constantine, The Skeleton Key, Hide and Seek, they've all had major horror moments in bathtubs (not to mention the biography of Howard Taft). I guess the modern crop of directors and writers think they're being clever. "Hitchcock didn't think of this! He limited his vision to the unscary shower! What a hack."

Well let me tell you, the shower is a terrifying place. I was just in there, actually thinking about how it's been completely overlooked in favor of the tub, and then I got into a tangent about how just once I'd like to not know the scary parts of a movie before I went and saw it. No advertising, and all the test audiences get silenced. And as I was thinking about how to silence them, and what kind of scary movie it might be the shower head (which I was facing away from) broke off, hit me in the shoulder, and a jet of high pressure water blasted into my back. I screamed like I had been shot.

Then laughed for like 10 minutes.

- Scott

6 comments:

  1. Speaking of Scary, Little Miss Rowela just finished playing F.E.A.R.

    Let me tell you, she's terrified. Every wierd static noise or squealch she hears makes her a bit panicy. Also she loves watching guys getting pinned to the wall with giant metal stakes... Her favorite invovled a guy bent over and 3 stakes sticking out... well, I'll leave it up to your imagination.

    My word: DBXBum. A "Docile But Xtreme" Bum is a homeless man who likes living his life on the edge. He may make camp 20 stories up in the framework of a newly started skyscaper project. Is reguarded as completely harmless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, Ro didn't get the "My Word" bit so I thought I'd clarify. It's the Word Verification bit... dbxbum... nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, now I'm super paranoid in the shower. I was before, because looking at my naked body scares even me, but now it's even worse. Thanks a lot.

    My word is cifgm, the GM for the Kankakee Cifs, a minor, minor, MINOR league cricket team in Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:26 PM

    I am formally announcing, using various blogs that the great cell phone ringtone showdown is in full effect as of now.
    If you would like to suggest your own ringtone for my phone or possibly suggest someone else's, feel free to ignore the author's postings and comment on this instead. Saves me getting my own blog.
    -josh
    and I missed the "my word" memo as well. my word is dkadfne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much though I'd hate for you to think yourself unorginal, Graig and I covered this topic already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only did I cover it months after you did, I completely forgot to mention ANYTHING about the coochie! Well played Wendyloo, well played...


    - Scott

    P.S. This time I didn't get a word, but an internet chat acronym: OMGWQ. Oh my God! What a queer!

    ReplyDelete