Sunday, August 29, 2004

New Jersey Is Officially A Good State

A certain percentage of you will know exactly what I'm talking about. But for you other poor unfortunate fools, allow me to elaborate on the greatness of this oft mocked state. It's actually a really cool state (and as it turns out a breeding ground for really hot girls.) I mean come on, have you SEEN Pete and Pete? That was shot in New Jersey. And it was one of the best TV series of all time. I still get a kick out of it. It's that clever. Beyond that there's a pantload of movies some of which I'll list, because...why not?


New Jersey Films:


  • Clerks
  • Chasing Amy
  • Mallrats
  • 54
  • (a lesser entry) Cop Land
  • A Beautiful Mind

If you can overlook Cop Land those are some excellent films that have been very Jersey-centric. Some filmed entirely in New Jersey. But there is one movie dubiously absent from this list, and that is because it warrants a mention on it's own. That film is Garden State. Good movie. Gets it's own sentence. How about that? Finally, it seems NJ has this odd habit of exporting it's really attractive women. I can only guess this is to trick people into comming to the state. Only to find that the more attractive women have already left (and come to Illinois.) So, I don't know if I'd live there. But New Jersey is now in my good graces.

No comments:

Post a Comment