Monday, May 22, 2006

She's got motion, motion, motion. A Crush Potion (for me).

How influential are the commentators on my blog? Do I put stock in your words, or are you just the frosting on the delicious word cake I bake each week? Good questions. Well apparently the answer for today is that I do. Because I hadn't planned to do Kristin Kreuk this week, but after Rob said it, it was like telling me not to think of the elephant. I was flipping through the Rolodex of Fine Women I keep in my head, just above the Lazy Susan of Excuses for Breaking Things (Ex. "Clearly I saved someone's life. Such flimsy construction... the next person to hang from this gutter might not have been so agile. I could easily see them breaking their necks. You're welcome."), and though the rolodex is full of other women it kept sticking on her. So, thanks to that implanted suggestion, here we are. I hope you're happy, punk.

I intend to bang out another post today, so let's get down to business:

Name: Kristin Nicole Kreuk. (Note: her middle name is only probably Nicole. I don't know what it really is, but in the english speaking world female middle names are usually "Ann" or "Nicole". I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here.)

Why we care: How about the absolutely impossible feat of playing a half-asian version of Lana Lang (who is supposed to be a xenophobic, midwestern, red headed cheerleader), without one negative word from Superman fanboi's the internet over, she's also really hot. In fact those two are explicitly related as the producers couldn't have gotten away taking such a blatant dump on the chest of the original cannon without inserting such a lovely girl. Not to mention her lovely cameo in EuroTrip, which despite the fact that the movie itself is of questionable cinematic value, has never not made me laugh heartily when I watch it.

Scott... he's just so swell: Thanks. Although never say "swell" again. Who are you the Beev? (Editors note: No. No I am not.) Anyway, I decided that Kristin, like LaLa, is one of those girls who can't truly be captured by still photography. I wonder if anyone really can. Anyway what she really needs is what she's got. Motion, motion, motion. Check it out. Though I reccomend you mute the voice over guy, who sounds like he's desperately trying to hold in a bong hit, and just listen to the dulcet voices of Allison Mack (worthy of her own Crush of the Week) and Kristin Kreuk.






- Scott

5 comments:

  1. She is very pretty in the picture, but the blurry video, which you claim is so good... she could be a man with a high-pitched voice.
    But I've seen her on Smallville (commercials), so I know it is not a man. But a very gorgeous woman.

    You win this time, but only because I've watched a show on the WB in the last 4 years.

    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Last time I use YouTube for that kind of thing. When uploading a video I didn't realize that the service would compress it all to hell. Apparently postage stamp sized videos are all the rage these days, but just because you can play 12 at once on an iPod Nano's screen doesn't make it a good idea.

    DAMN YOU YOUTUBE! I wanted to post her in 1080p.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:11 AM

    you are forgetting that the middle name marie also sweeped the nation...but FYI, her middle name is actually Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:50 PM

    KLK. One letter off. Literally.

    She makes watching 8 billion seasons of Smallville worthwhile, although the writers should be SHOT for the bullshit on again off again of their relationship. Clearly, the WB took all the writers from Dawson's Creek, and said, "Okay - we want Dawson's Creek again, but this time, Dawson is Superman, and Pacey is a blonde chick. Go."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based off Nessa's comment, now I have to see an episode. I am laughing in my head already based off that thought.

    Screw the fact 15 people I know watch/watched the show... I'm going to watch off the recomendation instead that it is Dawson's Creek + Superman. Wait, Dawson's Creek season 1 or seasons 3-40? Because that makes a difference...

    Is Smallville still on?

    ~c

    ReplyDelete