Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Me Team.

"In 2006 a crack commando unit... well actually it was just one guy going commando... was sent to prision by a debt collection agency for a crime he didn't commit. This man promptly talked his way through the situation, but was chased by the rogue collection agency to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the kneebreakers, he survives as a soldier of fortune. GameCube, XBOX, PS2, and the next generation. If you have a problem, no walkthrough can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire the Me Team."

It's true. I'm getting Me Team T-shirts and everything. The other part is true too. I moved from Springfield in a hurry. I left forwarding addresses for everybody that should have needed one and I had the Springfield post office forward stuff to my new address. Inexplicably, months after I paid my final bill, returned my digital cable box/remote, and canceled my cable/internet, what should arrive at my house but a bill. For $35.00. "Umm.... what the hell?" Was my first thought. I looked through it and apparently there were a few days before they acutally did shut off my cable, and I was being charged for them. Nevermind that I had been living somewhere else by the time they got around to shutting it off.

I could see that my best option was to just pay the bill. Which I did. About two weeks ago. Sadly, yesterday, I get a letter from the "We'll take your credit out to the woodshed and rape it repeatedly, and if that doesn't work we'll break your friggin' kneecaps and not give you any pizza" collection agency. Great. I decided I would call them too and make them understand how charming and not at fault I am. As it turns out, they were prepared for this. It's nigh impossible to talk to a human being. However, at every pause they offer to take down your credit card number and have done with it right there. I haven't gotten through to them, so these shady bastards are still after me. Damn it. I never even had a late movie rental before this.

Oh well, I'm going to go price a few black vans.

- Scott

3 comments:

  1. Ummmm... that picture isn't LaLa. That's my other girlfriend. Who definately deserves her time in the sun, but not as Lala.

    I LOVE YOU KRISTIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch, punk. I didn't notice it for a few days. My bad, although I didn't get your message until after it was fixed. So you didn't help all that much, but you do get a little credit.

    And is it me, or is that picture of KK too good? It's distracting me. Alot. I'll be here to check comments and find myself checking out Kristin Kreuk. Debating whether or not I feel alright about cloning her until there's one in every home.

    Who can say.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be willing to undergo surgery to resemble her. Is THAT wrong?

    ReplyDelete