Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Your cover's blown

Today I had an oddly brotherly time of it. My brother and I don't often get along. We're a pretty righteous team when we're both after the same goal, so long as we're not after the same thing. As in, something there isn't two of. Think a toy, a girl, a person's attention. Fortunately the battle over who is the favorite was won long ago. They still claim they love him, but it's like having Jesus as your half brother. A lot to measure up to.

Anyway, Ross came over today and we hung out for a time. Then his roommate, Brent, came over with their other roommate's ex. There had just been a pretty brutal breakup (on account of their other room mate, Dallas, being an asshole... but one who can convince multiple women to sleep with him. Funny how that usually works out.) So Brent decided to covertly cheer her up, specifically by offering ice cream and my company. The funny part came when Dallas called him to see where he was. "I'm just getting some ice cream" he said. At this point I was taken to the morgue because I had died laughing. It was quite possibly the gayest thing (in the orientation sense) he could have said, next to "I'm riding a scooter and wearing short shorts. Wanna listen to the Rent soundtrack for the next 10 hours with me in my room, silly?" Comming from him, it was hilarious.

I'm clearly out of touch with exactly what gay people do for entertainment in Springfield, aside from wishing they lived somewhere with some sembelence of a theater community. I too wish this, especially after repeated bad experiences with what Springfield has to offer. Fiddler on the Roof will never be the same for me. At least pronounce the names right, I mean Teev-yee? Come on!

- Scott

P.S. Brent, if you have something to share with us, or you ever just want someone to, you know, talk to, we'll understand. We just want you to be happy.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Springfield Theatre.

    "Captain von Trapp, you are required to report to ZEEE Naval Base at Bremerhaven and accept ZEEE commission we have waiting for you there."

    "But Maria," *waves hand* "you love children."
    "I...love...children..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Scott, thank you for validating me.
    Grade A(my) Woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you what gay people do in Springfield. They back into parking spaces at Douglas Park, hang out near the bathrooms, and creep out people who are just trying to play a normal round of disc golf with their brother.

    Ugh...gave me the jibblies.

    And that guy in Sound of Music was the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually mentioned that off hand in a paper article I wrote. It was about that very frisbee golf course. The funny thing about it is that the mention got more buzz than the story itself. I think I legitimized the whole rumor by printing it. Man, you should start calling me Mr. Pulitzer.

    Or Lord of Awesomeness. That too is acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys aren't a bunch of homophobes, are you? homophobes. creepy people are just creepy people, not just creepy gay people.

    that was eloquent - but iiii know what i meant.

    community theatre is rough. aaaand one of my favorite things. there's a reason waiting for guff rules...

    also, i'd practically drive to springfield for frisbo golf. can't get any of it here in chicago, that i know of.

    suck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please, Tara. I roomed with a gay dude all last summer. I just prefer the funny, snarky, show tunes bar gay guy as opposed to the skeezy public room bathroom gay guy. But hey, to each his own. I hope that creepy dude finds what he's looking for.

    ...jibblies...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ask Tim about Phil, you'll see he's openminded.

    As for me, my favorite Franz Ferdinand song just might be Michael, also I have the Scissor Sisters album. Homophobic? I think not. Homophilic? Also a no. I like to think of myself as homo-neutral. However, don't expect me to not laugh in an anthropology class when the professor mentions "homo-erectus". Because that's hilarious, I don't care who you are.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. erectus is hilarious attached to anything, watch:

    waffles-erectus

    see?

    ReplyDelete