Sunday, October 16, 2005

In the bag

I am in the planning stages of a massive Euopean undertaking. I'm going backpacking across that most sexy landmass, and as such I'm going to need a few things. Most glaringly, a backpack. So it was that a few days ago I set out to see if I could find the one I want at a not insane price. Suddenly I know what it is to be a woman after a purse. Fortunately, thinking like any quasi-poor college student, eBay came to my rescue. Or attempted to. On a whim I decided to check there and to my complete lack of surprise they had the bag I wanted for cheap. Just one, and the auction was shutting down in 20 hours. Best of all, the thing had no bids on it! Fantastic!

So I placed my bid, and proceeded to go back and forth mentally over whether or not I actually wanted the damn thing (a conversation I often have with myself over eBay purchases). With a minute to go I decided that I did indeed want it and it was good that I had bid on it. So I refreshed, and refreshed. 10 seconds left! Sweet Judy Blue Rat, I've won! 8 seconds left, I'm in the clear, 6 seconds left, still on top. 5 seconds left: YOU HAVE BEEN OUTBID!

Insert obscenities. Some worthless bastard stole it with 5 seconds left, there wasn't even enough time for me to put in a higher amount. So now I'm not going to Europe, instead I'm using that cash and tracking down that rat f*cker and punching him repeatedly in the face. Feel free to share opinions on suitable revenge ideas.

- Scott

5 comments:

  1. Scott, my boy, have we learned nothing from reading each other's blogs?

    http://timmytapeworm.blogspot.com/2005/01/ebane-of-my-existence.html

    It's almost the exact same story. Now you learn, and you can swoop in at the last second and infuriate someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll just have to double-click that and then copy and paste it. I swear it's all there, you just can't see it.

    And I'm sure as hell not learning html just for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew. I wanted to track down the actual post and link it, but I couldn't find it admist your archives. I figured it would give you an easy comment. Plus I get to update. Win/win.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Scott, I am honored to be back in the top 5. I am going to ignore the "why not?" at the end of it. By the way, every time I watch Gilmore Girls, I can't help but thinking of how much you look like Logan Huntsburger (except he's a jerk).
    Grade A(my) Woman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:41 PM

    That sucks about the bag. One thing that suprises me though, is that the B in ABC is not at the top of your bottom five list.

    -Zac

    ReplyDelete