Friday, June 03, 2005

Beware the Trebuchet!

QuestLog: You must journey to the Living Room of Shenanigans computer and attempt to manipulate the Machine of XP and the browser of Firefox to post to the blog... kill all those who stand in your way.

Sorry, I've begun to see my life in terms of GuildWars. It really got me in trouble too. I was at school and a secretary gave me a quest to find a computer tech and bring him back to fix her printer. After shouting to the zone for five minutes I found out he was standing entranced by the "Widescreen Beast of High Definition TV" in the lowest level of the school. Upon bringing him back to the secretary my reward was a Thank You and a lousy +250 experience. So I figured I'd kill them both to see if they dropped any good loot. Apparently in doing so, I took a faction hit with the local guards and now the "Springfield Police" are after me. All in all I reccomend against this quest.

At this point I'd like to make a promise to the readers of my blog the promise is as follows: I, Scott Gresham, will never post a paragraph as geeky as the preceeding ever again; I'm sorry, two days of solid Guild Waring has temporarily warped my already maleable mind. But it warrants mentioning because it's distracted me from my usual posting duties. Check it out:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There I am, what a hero, bringing news from the front. Also check out the wicked clever name.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Fine, COWARD! You run, I'll just go fight an entire army. Which is what we did, and won. Despite Tim killing Rob and I (not to mention 2 or 3 platoons of the enemy) by firing a giant trebuchet on our location. This angered the prince as you can see below.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


In that same vein, I reccomend against letting Tim near any trebuchet's. Considering Josh is building one, I really hope this message is getting through. That's it for today, my next post will be much more mainstream. For real. I'll talk about TRL, that should make up for this right? Let me know.

- Scott

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:43 PM

    Scott, I am happy to see that I have moved up on the ranking. I especially love that it's not because of something that I have done, but rather, something that Tim did to improve MY status. I like it! Hey- it's your world. We should live in it.
    Grade A(my) Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time Amy. And I mean that. Someday it'll just be completely random, like Tim wore the same clothes two days in a row and you'll inexplicably be on the top of my list. Supplanting even myself from the number one position.

    Oh, I also wanted to point out that Timmy Tapeworm himself is Pax Asclepius, rob is Jesain Shaido. In other words, the Monk looking guy is Tim, and the guy who looks prepared to rob a train in the old west is, ironically, Rob.

    I'm Gandor Dumbledalf. Ha ha! Take THAT copy right infringement.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, look. In my defense, I didn't know that the trebuchet would kill you all. I don't know why I thought that. It really makes no sense that the giant rock would be selective in its destructive force and kill only our enemies, but a Monk is not known for his smarts.

    I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm really not. It was hilarious and continues to make me laugh every time I think about it.

    It really is a great game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In an eerie coincidence, the font I use to post on my blog is Trebuchet - large. Creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. None of those look like monks. And what are you supposed to look like? a postage stamp? But Tim's name has Latin in it, so he gets a billion points. Have you considered that maybe he's a mole... and wanted to sabotage your army...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't think monk like shaolin monk, what with the bald head and amazing hand-to-hand combat skills. That is certainly not me. Pax Ascelpius does not enjoy close-range combat. In fact, the farther he can be AWAY from the action, the better.

    Think monk as in, "Wow, that guy is dressed in white garments and has a wicked cool staff. Plus, he heals people. He must be a monk. And is devilishly attractive. I wonder if monks in this world have to take a vow of celibacy..."

    And the answer is no. No, they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true, there's no formal vow of celibacy, it's more of a "girls meet me and change their minds" type thing with him. The closest he's come to actually hooking up involved an avatar of a godess. And she was really digging me. Better luck next time monk...

    Oh and Coors? Were I in a fowl mood I would have moved you off the top 5 list for supporting the man who killed me and my guild brother, however I'm feeling amicable, so I'll let you off with a warning.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scott: Ok, well... thanks for the warning... it's not like I didn't already get bumped down or anything...
    Just because I gave Tim a billion points, doesn't mean you didn't get points for... being... um... you... or something, maybe there was an inferred point distribution to others too.

    Tim: With a praenomen (first name) like "Pax" I understand why you would want to be far away from the fighting. What about a name like:
    Aboleus (one who destroys)
    Accendus (one who sets fire to)
    Acer Princeps (fierce chief)
    Adducus (one who takes)
    Adurus (one who singes)
    Aggredior (Attacker)
    Animus (Alive--probably a good thing to be!)
    Or, if you're French:
    Absistus (one who withdraws)

    "Necesse est pugnare."
    (It is necessary to kill)
    After my second year, my classmates and I counted how many words we knew for killing, it totaled 11, and that doesn't count words for death or war. It also doesn't count the fact that we only learned, I'm guessing, around 10% of the language.

    ...the Romans liked to build roads too. That is the only other activity they had such a wide vocab for. Translating paragraphs was not highly entertaining.
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:51 PM

    home loans

    ReplyDelete