Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Yes, yes you will.

I have an issue with those damn anti-marijuana commercials. It's indirectly related to my rant about wars on abstract concepts. The ones I mean are the "Regret, my anti-drug" series of annoyances. Specifically the couple of them that end with the statement "You'll never forget the people you hurt when you were high."

To this I reply: "Bull shittery" How many people even remember what they did when they were high? So who's going to remember who they hurt when they were high? I can't even remember how I hurt myself when I'm drunk. Here's a fun example, I woke up the day after I got put in the Roodhouse jail at my house and didn't remember how I got home. Then when that came back I had to seriously ask myself why my hand hurt so bad. After talking to some people I found out that I was punching a giant wash pot at Steve's cabin and telling people they just lost on the Gong Show. I also apparently called Mary Karen Desherlia a bitch.

In short, no you don't remember the people you hurt (self included) when you're drunk (or high).

-Scott

2 comments:

  1. I want to lead the crusade on "The War on Fear" or the "War on Making Shit Up" or any other "War" where we can set the stage for a coup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fighting the Wars on Not Updating and Seriousness seriousness both right. What a go getter I am, no?

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete