Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Political Free Zone Ahead

I was thinking of writing some kind of politically charged article about the election and whatnot. But then I just said "fuck it". Then I was like, "did I really need to cuss". Then I decided that my image requires that I cuss from time to time and meditated on that. But I've come to the conclusion that I never want to hear about politics, hanging chads (Unless my friend Chad Bradley hangs himself. That I'd want to hear about), red states, blue states, states of mind..., the war on *fill in political buzz word here*, whateva. Just shut up. I want to see my damn shows, NOT 8 networks finding new and elaborate ways to say "We don't know".

One side note: Anytime there's a 'War on *BLANK*' it's kind of rediculous. You might as well have a war on sadness. A war on an abstract concept is going to be pretty damn hard to pull off. Like the war on drugs. Nobody says "Oh man, this damn war on drugs. When are we going to end this slaughter? WHEN?" "Here man, this might be our last joint. We're here on the frontlines on the war on drugs. I'm so scared hold me." "You aren't scared of the war, that's just the paranoia kicking in." Ok so maybe that last sentence gets uttered from time to time. But come on! So yeah, the ill defined war on terror falls squarely in this grey zone of shenanigan.

Moving along. My first java program went to shit pretty quickly. That damn number counter never got off the ground. And I was pretty annoyed about it. Then my Team Venture shirt took a laundry ride and came out a little worse for the wear. Team Venture was taking hits all over the place. But over the last two weeks we have pulled a Lazarus and risen again. Not that we're really back in the game, because of the first assignment debacle, we'd have to sabotage them...to...You know what, we might be back in the game.

Moving on. A little story about my day. But to be straight up Tarintino stizzle I'll be starting in the middle. No one in town sells legs for a sofa. ANYWHERE. And doesn't it sound like something you've seen and disreguarded because you didn't need it at the time. Like condoms for Tim, or an on-call lawyer for myself. Well, it seemed that way to me. And yet nothing.
*********Three Months Ago**********

Steve and Barrett unexpectedly show up at my apartment in Springfield. Apparently they looked in the windows first to make sure I wasn't busy. (Good thing they didn't show up a half hour earlier) baZING. Anyway suddenly imbued with more manpower I had an idea. Earlier that day I saw a perfectly good sofa just sitting by the side of the road! It had to be mine. It was even a flip and f*ck. (See how I sensor myself: only put one f-bomb per entry. Anymore than that and I have to be an R-rated blog. Because kids can see half a boob in a PG-13 but if they hear the f-word twice in 2 hours they'll be corrupted beyond any usefulness to society and become murderers). Naturally I put them to good use. Thanks guys, it looked really heavy. We got it into my apartment and into the spare bedroom only to open it up and find no mattress and no legs on it. Still free is free...
*********Present Day************

My mom found a foldable box-spring mattress for the sofa, and I brought it here in my car. Although at the end of the day still no legs. Then it hit me, what are my old school books for? So, I took a page from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and use books to support my couch. Ah, cartoons. What can't you teach us - Scott

7 comments:

  1. You bastard.

    Of course you know...this means war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:27 AM

    Kudos to the political-free zone. Now you just need to stop referencing TMNT. Just because they're from the 80s doesn't automatically make them cool, no matter what the internet tells you or that one t-shirt place. THEY SUCK.

    -- Jake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake I don't know who you are... but you better bite your tounge! TMNT are Cool. TMNT always has been cool, and always will be cool. I grew up on that stuff. I had every action figure. I collected the comic books, had the movies and watched the cartoon. And you bring your blasphemy onto this blog... You Suck! I've seen most all of the original major works by each of the ninja turtles in Europe. I pray for your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Jake Eyers. Froot. And I'm with Rob. The original cartoon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are legit. I watched every episode of that show. Loved it. I even had the TMNT sewer play set (still do actually...) action figures of Baxter, The Turtles, Shredder, Foot Soldiers, you name it. So don't get all high and mighty on me. I don't care that some Retro-Vintage-Fratwear site made a T-Shirt out of it. It's still the shit! - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:23 AM

    Oh. I struck a nerve. Anyways, I was just referring to the movie. I completely forgot about the cartoon-sub culture-thing, as crazy as that sounds. I had a subscription to the comic and had action figures and whatnot as well, though probably not to your gentlemen's extent...I therefore retract my statements and apologize. I blame it on the booze.

    -- Jake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacob Eyers... I expected so much more outta you. Well, as long as you atone for your sins, you will be forgiven. That'll be 20 lashes and 12 hail marys. Either that or a Check Donation to The Tao of Tim Foundation (Payable to Rob French).

    P.S. Its good to know you're still alive and kickin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles taught me a lot, but not the actual turtles. I learned the most from April. Actually, I didn't really learn anything, she just gave me these feelings that were very confusing and made me feel kind of icky.

    So thank you, Ninja Turtles. And thanks to you April, and to your tight reporter blouse. Thanks for forever stunting my emotional growth. I still don't understand those feelings.

    ReplyDelete