Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Hello, My Name is Your Blog

When's the last time you found a band that really spoke to you? I've always had friends with a big range of musical tastes, but always had one bad that they seem to associate with. Like Nick back in high school with Red Hot Chilli Peppers, or Tim and his Five Iron Frenzy love, or Jake and his Goldfinger, or Rob and his Zebrahead. You know the band that I mean, the band that is your band, despite your not being in it.

I think for me that band is Ludo. If I had a band (well, if I still had a band. One that didn't do covers, no offense to Walkie Walkie and the Kamehameha's, I mean we were hilarious, but not all that musically creative) this is the kind of music I'd make. With songs about ninjas, wookies, that fantasy where you have to rescue the girl from the pirates then she loves you, a really hilarious break up song, and generally great, random references you can't go wrong. You can listen to their whole album if you go to their website and click on the Listen tab at the top. I reccomend 'Hum Along' 'Hello my Name is Your TV' 'Good Will Hunting By Myself' and 'Laundry Girl'.

Scott Out

One last note, they have a blog here. Bonus points for that.

2 comments:

  1. Favorite line of any song in the last, like, 3 months:

    "And now you're going around sleeping with all my friends. Well, great! That really makes you an impowered individual. Wait, Did I say empowered individual? I meant Two-Cent Gutter Slut!"

    Ludo. Good choice. And they're a local band. I told Tim to make his radio station play them a few months ago - I'm pretty sure he ignored me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too, I love that little f-you monolouge. But my actual favorite line comes a bit after that:

    "Yes, your ass did look fat in those jeans, your mom’s a M.I.L.F.,
    And I plan to get on your little sister just as soon as I give her a call back"

    Love it. I've listened to the band for awhile, but I'm going to a concert of theirs next month. So I figured I'd give them props on my site.

    ReplyDelete