Thursday, September 30, 2004

A Ninja Day's Night

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


So...I'm really bored. My classes now get out at 12 noon and I have a whole 13 to 14 hours a day to do whatever I want. Strangely, I still feel burned out. I've now been going to school for a full 12 months without any sizeable break at all. That might have something to do with it. Anyway, all this 'freedom' is making me a bit loopy.

Yestderday I tied a teeshirt to my head and ran around like a ninja. I also took pictures for posterity. (see above) I also was in the park yesterday. I dunno why, but it was just one of those moments where you don't want to go home and you have no place to be. So it was the park for me. I got to see the cops break open a car and look in the trunk. I thought I saw a dead body, but it turned out to be a duffle bag with a shirt on top of it. What a let down, the cop looked dissapointed too. Like he woke up and said "Today is the day, I'm gonna see somebody dead!" then got to that car and thought "this is it!!" then the whole thing turned out to be Al Capone's Vault, Vol. 2.

Today I was there again, I hope I'm not becoming some kind of crazy park person. Like the pidgeon lady from Home Alone 2. Nah, I'm too rich and harbor too great a pigeon resentment. But I did find these awesome paths in the woods. In the middle of this park there's like 2 or 3 acres of woodland. Nobody goes in there. Like it's the last remnant of Fangorn or something. But I realized that and went in anyway. It's awesome, I can run around like a wild man and nobody sees me. So I had a damn good time of it. Just got back. Then there was nothing to do, so I wrote this! You read it, you can't UNread it. - Scott

P.S. That's two Home Alone refrences in as many days. What the hell is that all about?


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:47 AM

    Which park, if it is the one I am thinking of, (the one near the state fair grounds) I used to run cross country through there, there is a wicked big hill that was a bitch to run down. . . Okay, so I usually walked down it, but yeah, I have been to that park, if it is the same one, if not, you should go to the park I am thinking of, yeah, uh. . . I have to go. More homework to do.
    Pk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washington park, it isn't near the fairgrounds at all really. I didn't mention it, but as I was walking back to the car I petted this dog that was in my way and the owner instantly struck up a conversation with me. She practically started in the middle she said "So, what school do you go to" and I told her and it turns out she's a cousin to Cris and Jason Jones. Madness - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very coincidental, Scott. I judge not only your blog but all blogs on only one criteria: the number of Home Alone references. So on that note...great job.

    Oddly, by my own criteria, my own blog sucks hard. Strange.

    ReplyDelete