Sunday, September 26, 2004

The Cloth Symbiote

What's the deal with belly button lint? I've had this conversation once or twice, but I mentioned it this weekend and now it is really bothering me. Here's the thing, sometimes I have belly button lint. Not so bad eh? Not cancer, not even ED. But, here is the twist: it's always blue. Always, I could be wearing a white shirt all day, I come home and and there to mock me is the blue lint. It's even happened to me in a red shirt. How in the hell?

After much research (googling it), I found a compendium of BBL research. Check this. That link takes you to a survey of belly button lint info. Apparently as you get older you get more BBL. Or as I like to think of it, BBL prolongs your life so those who are old are so as a result of BBL. And that's why the percentage goes up as people age. Or maybe, we with the belly button lint are the master race and we naturally life longer. Like the Jaffa and they are our 90% cotton symbiotes. Our cloth like fountains of youth, and to think that fool Juan Ponce de Leon wasted his time searching in Florida. Shoulda worn a tee-shirt Jon Juan...tisk tisk.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46 PM

    You don't know me, but what an awesome observation. Your hilarious. I've had the same thought. A damn crime nobody's posted a comment yet. Let me be the first, Keep up the funny postings. I love this blog - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. How did you find my blog? And who the hell are you?? But thank you for your comments much appreciated. - Scott

    ReplyDelete