Monday, October 02, 2006

To Future Employers

After my last post, I had some discreet advice thurst upon me. Mostly to the effect that it shows some failure of work ethic and that it could come back to haunt me, etc. And while I am grateful for their concern, I have no desire to maintain yet another facade for the world. Randall Munroe, who produces the geek-fabulous webcomic xkcd, said it best with the below comic (he draws them in his spare time at work... at NASA*).



That pretty much sums it up. If you have a minute read though xkcd it really is a great, often hilarious (to nerds) webcomic.

- Scott

* Friggin NASA!

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap. As someone who lives in a 6x8 cubicle 9 hours a day, five days a week, I want to hang that on my wall.

    But I won't because it would be frowned upon. Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:19 PM

    I am feeling this one today!! Yet another smile brought to my face thanks to the postings of scotty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:58 PM

    Sounds like my own fears. So I figured I'd shake things up a bit, look up from yet another response paper, and comment. One step at a time.

    Take that.

    -Meg C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JV, yeah you wouldn't want that.

    J Fi, glad you enjoyed it. Read the rest of his work, it hits on this type of subject every few panels.

    Meg C, a comment?! From my girlfriend?! No friggin way! Somebody is shooting for the Top 5.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete