Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mo' bloggin'.

I was recently standing in front of one of my largest classes defending a title I put on an infographic that said "Mo' Freshmen." The professor warned that it may be considered offensive. Bah. I went on "But it's true, there are mo' freshmen!" I (pretend to) have no idea where that man is coming from sometimes.

Anway the "mo'" in my title doesn't refer to more, but to mobile. I haven't updated my Moblog in what seems like ages. I haven't completed the photodump from my phone to my computer because I suspect that my phone is a USB 1.1 connection, or a USB 2.0 running at Full Speed rather than High Speed. To translate from Nerd: the transfer is painfully slow.

But in the past three(ish) days I've snapped three pictures that I think warrant posting. Without further tapdancing:


I'm everywhere*. The one in the back has my shirt on. Well, not my shirt. But one I own. We're also sporting the very trendy "I'm afraid to get my hair cut" do. Which led to an odd moment of walking through Borders and having my girlfriend point out that it looks like I'm on the cover of a Gay Men's magazine (not that I don't have the body for it).


"Absolut Awkward."

I think I should start a side-blog where I review bathrooms. Because I have very strong opinions about the layout and design of John's around the world. This one is perhaps the worst. There's no way to wash your hands without rubbing elbows with the guy taking a leak. There just isn't. And if you angle to the left to avoid contact, you inadvertantly align yourself to be hunched over, leaning towards a urinating man. Forget waterboarding, this should be the torture method of choice.

And finally...


Talk about not knowing your audience.

That bottom line says "Please re-think(sic) abortion." Being one myself, I have to say that most of the people that this poster appeals to do not need to consider abortion. Forget for a second the built-in LOTR birth control, the very idea that Galadriel is going to convince a die-hard pro-choicer is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. What could the thought process possibly be? "Well, I've always supported a woman's right to choose, but she is the weilder of Nenya, the ring of water, and she managed to turn down the One Ring... hmm, she might just be right."

Seriously.

- Scott

* Though technically it could also be Ed Speelers.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:24 AM

    I am the SAME WAY about bathrooms. And that poster is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to have your support Coors. I mean, launching an international bathroom review blog is a big step for anyone, and it would be hard to do so without the support of your friends.

    And yes, I really wonder who took a break from their (A)D&D playing to whip up that anti-abortion flyer. I'm serious. I want to meet him. Because I have a level 5 human bard, Mentok that's ready to throw down.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long has it been since the last time I mentioned that I was fake in love with you? Because I still am, baby.

    ReplyDelete