Thursday, October 26, 2006

I'd rather blog, I'd rather blog than do my work...

Vincent: I've got a threshold, Jules, I've got a threshold for the abuse that I'll take and right now I'm a racecar, man, and you got me in the red. I'm just saying, I'm just saying it's fucking dangerous to have a racecar in the fucking red, that's all. I might blow.

Jules: Oh, you ready to blow? Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-laying motherfucker, motherfucker! Everytime my fingers touch brain I'm Superfly TNT, I'm the Guns of the Navarone. In fact, what the fuck am I doing in the back? You're the motherfucker who should be on brain detail! We're fucking switching, I'm washing the windows and you're picking up this nigger's skull.


As it happens, I describe myself as a mushroom-cloud-laying motherfucker once or twice a day anyway, but at the moment the lines of dialogue apply in their more literal senses. I know I've mentioned it before. But frankly, it's just as true now, if not moreso, than the last time I posted. As a result, I want to blow everything off. And in the spirit of interpretive dance (and song*), here's a video that tells my story.

I'm the dude in the red. At the beginning (which for me, is now) he's in Journalism Graduate school. He's awesome, but unappreciated. At the end, he mocks the shortsighted fools who attempted to impose their arbitrary, rigid style on him.

Annd... cue film.



- Scott

* the song, incidentally, is one of my favorites ever.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:25 PM

    Scott, great post! Well done lately!
    Grade A(my) Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone else have a problem with a tall lanky man with a bad haircut teaching a bunch of pre-teen girls how to dance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grade A(my) Woman, welcome back. And thanks. I've been busy as hell. To top it off, I stupidly bought World of Warcraft. If I wasn't busy before that, I would have been. As it is I've got a full scale escapism routine set between WoW, Battlestar Galactica, The Office, and various blogs. I could conceiveably do things that interest me for a full 24 hours most days of the week.

    Jakey, they're Icelandic. I need say no more on the topic. Except perhaps, methinks you doth protest too much.

    Also, he would be one of the less creepy dance instructors I've ever encountered.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:50 AM

    It's great to be back! You ARE busy! You could keep yourself busy for a full 24 hours most days of the week? That takes talent, my friend.... pure talent!
    Grade A(my) Woman

    ReplyDelete