Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A rebuke.

Damn you football. I always think that there's some medieval epic on TV in the other room when I hear your soaring, brass heavy, themes. And there never is. Just football. The laziest sport of them all. Two minutes of setup for thirty seconds of action, followed by two assholes describing ad nasuem what just happened, statistics, and the last 30 years of the sport while we wait for them to set it back up for another thirty seconds.

From now on, when I hear a strong, brass heavy, theme there had damned well better be something to do with swords going on. And the undead. In fact, it had better be Army of Darkness. Do you hear me Fox network? DO YOU?!

- Scott

8 comments:

  1. *applause*

    Clatu Verata Nictu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what's sadder, that I first thought that you were quoting The Day the Earth Stood Still, that I just realized that both movies use the same line, or that I have such a large portion of my memory reserved for quotable lines from movies.

    Who can say. In any case, bravo (see, now you get one too). I think I'll have that engraved on my next iPod. Though I prefer the spelling Klaatu Verata Nictu. Redundant vowels are my secret passion.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. On second thought I think I'd like to rephrase.

    "I don't know what's more awesome, that I first thought that you were quoting The Day the Earth Stood Still, that I just realized that both movies use the same line, or that I have such a large portion of my memory reserved for quotable lines from movies."

    Much better.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am horrified by the fact that I have not seen The Day the Earth Stood Still. Such an omission cannot be tolerated.

    and it will not surprise you to learn that I too harbor an illicit lust for redundant vowels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My complete lack of interest in televised sports is the reason she married me.

    And you both make HP Lovecraft proud. *sniff*

    I'm all verklempt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my wife. Her. You know. She.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is anyone else starting to feel like our little blog community is becoming very incestuous and self-congratulatory? Also, does anyone else feel that that is awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What has the potential to become 9 posts by three people discussing self-referential things is what you call incestuous and self-congratulatory? If so, I'm in.

    We're very much in a "pat the guy next to you on the back" triangle here. I've been working toward this moment for years.

    - Scott

    P.S. Yes, yes I do. (Think it is awesome.) (It being that thing you asked.)

    ReplyDelete