Tuesday, January 17, 2006

They Should Teach This Blog At College

I've always thought that. This blog is far more relevant to today's college student than statistics. I think just for reading it you should get some kind of college credit. In fact you could probably test out of Slang just for this blog. Your school doesn't have Slang 101? Pfft. What kind of fly-by-night B.J.U. do you go to? I damn near majored in slang. Would have been tight too, that ish is straight hyphy.

Anyway, this blog. And how it should be required reading. Well my friends, that day has already come. A few weeks back Robert Morris College's own Professor Hager decided to include my blog in her lesson plan. That's right. There are people who literally have to read this. To those people I say: hi. I also say: Be glad I'm not Joyce, or Kafka, or anyone else who was pissed off at their father and as a result force you to suss out paragraph after paragraph of symbolism, to finally come to the conclusion that, "Oh hey, they were pissed at their father." Although come to think of it, most great writers were. That and alcoholic. Unless the old man spends all of my inheritance I think I can only manage half of that equation.

So the reading, apparently the kids (for they were mere freshmen) had to read the greatness that is the Wonder Blog and then evaulate its worth as a source for a paper. Of course there were also a few other sites mixed in as well... but really those were a waste of time compared to the shining jewel they found here. La professora hasn't let me see what they wrote about it just yet, but I plan to post the responses they had in the comments after I find out (probably tomorrow). I think we can expect nothing short of utter adoration. Although, now that I think about it a large number of people now have a ridiculous amount of information about me. Price of fame, baby.

But if I'm going to be taught alongside Plato, Aristotle, and most likey Hip-hop-crates I think I should condense an idea down to an easily quoted mantra for living. In this spirit I bequeath to future generations the following aphorism... in pirate's map form.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


- Scott

4 comments:

  1. I can only pray that some of those poor souls found their way to Rob's Space. I mean The Wonder Blog is great for entertainment, but Rob's Space is enlightening.

    Secondly, I think you should have words with your teacher and to cap it off, COMMENTING should be required Dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this now the third draft of this post? First, you add a big picture then some links to slang definitions, who knows what's next. Honestly, Scotty. Sometimes you just have to leave "perfection" alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much do I love that you had to be watching over a half hour period to know that I was messing with the post. Then you call me out on revision. Tisk tisk. The post is now as I originally intended it. I'm sure you'll continue to monitor the situation to make sure I don't make a comma into a semi-colon. And for that I thank you.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey man. You bust my chops quite frequently when I'm doing big picture posts and just leave a pic with a single word title up. This is just retaliation. Tit for tit.

    ReplyDelete