Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Oh thank GOD

I just wanted to give you all a progress report on 2006. I can sum it up pretty succinctly; it kicks ass. The year's been off to a good start from day one. There's alot to be happy about, graduation, turning 21, touring Europe with my friends. But I think the thing I'm currently the most happy about is pretty freaking awesome. I just realized it today when I was writing a note. There's no 5 in the year.

That's right. No stupid hard to write number for this entire year. My percentage of checks I can write correctly, first try just went up enormously. More than once it looked like I was trying to fake a date because my fives are just horrible. If I slow down I can pull off a nice looking five, but it's a debilitating disorder. I should probably get a special parking spot for it. My God, I'm so brave...

But this year? 2 0 0 6. Easiest one since 2003. I've got some pretty awesome three's. By far the most personality of any of my numbers. I've got one pretty gangster looking three. Like 1930's gangster. He's constricted in the top curve, then all loosey goosey in the bottom. The most art deco of all my numbers. He just pops up out of nowhere sometimes. Very cocky that one. Then I have my ernest three. Just a hard working number doing his part to form a math problem, or a date, or some other number usage not specifically mentioned here... but I digress.

In short 2006 is shaping up to be a good year; one I can write.

- Scott

P.S. Does anyone else think of letters/numbers as male or female? For instance three is male. Kind of a rapscallion tyke. Am I the only one with Synthesia?

P.P.S. Photos of number writing available on request.

11 comments:

  1. I was about to berate you for being entirely too aware of your own writing, then I realized how much I like my sevens. My sevens don't have just two lines...they have THREE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, don't tell me you're a seven crosser. PLEASE don't tell me that. Are you the kind who does the Z's with a line right through the middle too? Oh say it ain't so.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. You added more stuff again. You're a serial re-writer, fool.

    No, it's not crossed. It's got a little cap on it. Much like this font (7), only more pronounced. I crossed my sevens for a while, I think, but that was just a phase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why "three" is male to Scotty (or simply Freudian slip?): He just POPS out of nowhere sometimes. He's very COCKY, that one.

    I noticed that before even getting to your declaration of the masculinity of 3.

    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lord, I have the humor of a fifth grade boy.

    Crap.

    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Coors, many fifth grade boys cite Freud when making fun of someone. But then, I DID go to public school.

    - Scott

    P.S. Three also has a color and an association with a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate 5 as well... especially when I have to write 5's and S's together.

    I don't know about color associations, but I have an instinctive Band Association with numbers. 7 to me just shouts Mötley Crüe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get excited when anything has an umlaut over it. Just think how much more rad kickball would be if they spelled it with an umlaut. Anyone?
    Sometimes I really like the lower loops of my j's. They're very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, and by seventh grade they were romancing us via Shakespearian sonnets.

    Parochial school rocks.

    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:54 PM

    when I was younger I would make my mom say what color she thought each letter of the alphabet would be, but she never liked the game and would tell me to stop cuz it didn't make sense. I can not believe years later I have finally been diagnosed,... by you, Scott. Thanks though, I feel a little more intuitive now, or something. To think, I've gone this long living this way and just now finding out there's a word to describe it. (or atleast the first of an abyss of words I have yet to encounter)

    cheers scott.

    my sevens are triologies too tim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:19 PM

    I'm a fan of the 7 crossing. I can't say the same for the Z, but that's just me.

    I do enjoy writing 3 though. Just to be different, I go with the straight line at the top instead of the curve.

    ReplyDelete