Monday, October 15, 2007

Sabbatical.

The best TV comes with the cost of mid-season breaks and an off season. (Reality shows, however, have the ability to churn out shit at the same rate, forever.) The best movies come in three part trilogies. (Actually so do some of the worst...) And the best bloggers have to take a break now and then.

I can't produce any posts until November. I'm allowing a beat for that statement to sink in.

.
.
.
.

Be strong. You'll make it. And when I return, let's just say there'll be a Revolution... Yes... quite a Revolution. OK, enough foreshadowing. In the meantime, and in no particular order, let's look back at the Best of Bufford... the Wonder Blog.

  • Offending the System post. Nostalgia for the kind of blatant assholery you can get away with in college, but not the workforce.
    Bonus
    : a comment from future-girlfriend Meg.

  • Revenge of the Slytherin post. A classic featuring making fun of nerds by dressing nerdier than them.
    Bonus:
    You need a bonus for that? Read the GD post!

  • Oh, the Hairmanity! post. An explanation of why I only get my hair cut once every three months in the same place.
    Bonus: Tim saying "hey-oh," I think there'll eventually be a drinking game to that extent.

  • Tacky Triad post. My railing against mid-west truckstop couture.
    Bonus: Farmed-out photoshoppery. I outsourced that one to Rob.

  • It's a twista! post. My favorite method of getting out of a lease early.
    Bonus: Lots of photos, including one of my saving an orphan.
Enjoy. I'll see you kids in November.

10 comments:

  1. Higgins...not until November? I expect to see you at 12:01 a.m. on November 1st and not a moment later. Okay, Local H, deep breaths. Try to relax.

    Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still one of my favorite captions to date is of the billboard "bowing before you" after the twista....classic.

    Looking forward to November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No explanation why? I'm terribly curious. But then, I really have no idea what your life is like these days, so I suppose I'm curious about a lot of things. This is just the catalyst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Local H, sorry. Not my intention, nor really my choice. It was take a break from something or become an alcoholic.

    ...but it was a Boolean OR so I get to do both.

    Alcoholism makes for better writing!

    Kimmy, thank you. To this day the Highway Commission hates me because of my destructive effect on roadside marketing. I'm forced to travel incognito.

    Timmy, here's your explanation: stupidly I have done well enough at work that they're trusting me with semi-major responsibilities. This includes a few things I've never done before, that I then have to research, leaving little time for at-work blogging.

    It's tiring. As it is I complete several hours of kicking computer ass, and come home, and kick other types of computer ass (Currently I'm saving Hyrule from Zant.)

    However your question prompted me to half write comic description of my day, which I then filed under NOVEMBER.

    Any other questions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's November! It's November!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:04 PM

    Um...

    Should I be avenging your death or similar?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:22 PM

    So...I waited to say this. It's November now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you supporting the Writers Guild Strike by not posting?

    Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:42 PM

    No! Not good for him! Here we are waiting for November and along comes NOTHING!
    Your audience awaits...
    Grade A(my) Woman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Local H, back now though.

    Kimmy, yes that still happens. Street lights also go off in my honor as I pass.

    Timmy, no, no explanation. Come back one year.

    Scotty, my God are you handsome or what?!

    Kimmy, yes it's November... all month actually. And I really didn't specify... but I'm back. You can start the praising now.

    Nessa, all that's been killed is some of my time. I have plenty. Not quite as much as Dr. Who, but certainly more than any regular watcher of CBS. (Hint: they're all old.)

    Jess, you wanted to say that?

    Timmy, I was, but then the scab cash got too good. Mostly for soaps, but I do the occasional web-posting.

    Grade A(my), hey I joined the Union under a false name. And *that's* fantastic because it lets me blog as I will under my real identity. Which I'll be doing now.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete