Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Venture Brothers

Apologies for the long time between posts, but recently much of my time has been spent in preparation for grad school. Ok. That's a blatant lie. Except for the breif phone interview today for my assistantship (which I aced) I haven't really been doing much besides spending time with friends and watching the Venture Brothers. At the moment the latter makes for better posting material.

The Venture Brothers, in short, is basically what you would get if Johnny Quest (and crew) were morons. The titular characters, Hank and Dean, have been accurately described as 'idiot Hardy boys.' Couple that with some of the best parody work I've seen and you've got yourself a hum dinger of a series. Take a look at the intro from the second episode of the new season "Hate Floats." I laughed pretty heartily watching 21 go through his "Mars the Bringer of War" spiel... mostly because I've caught myself doing the same thing from time to time. Usually when I'm getting dressed.




It's alaming, but I see more and more of myself in The Monarch with each passing episode. Perhaps not me, per se, but who I'd be if I were a supervillian. Anyway feel free to enjoy the entire episode, it's all there on YouTube. In fact, this post wouldn't have taken so damned long if I hadn't stopped halfway through to watch the entire episode. I've got some more posts to crank out today in pennance for my week long absence, but right now all I want to do is become a costumed henchman. C'est la vie... Now on to less wistful matters.

- Scott

P.S. If you're wondering why their I.D.'s are burned up, you should watch this short explanatory clip.

2 comments:

  1. Ok,I'm too ADD right now to even focus on that clip, but I did happen to notice the one replacement door on their car.
    That is awesome.

    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Coors, thanks for watching anyway. I like that you think you're too ADD to pay attention, and yet you notice a detail so small I didn't even pick it up in my repeated viewings. And if you got that far that's enough. I really just wanted people to see the awesome intro.

    Oh and thanks for the comment.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete