Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dude, sick!

Current AIM Away Message: Ridiculously sick. It's like... ridiculous.

And I was. At least yesterday. Everything hurt. I can't remember the last time I was so sick my eyeballs hurt, but that was pretty much the case. When moving your eyes causes you pain, it's time to take a break. So I did. In the last twenty four hours I'd say I've slept about twelve. That's a pretty decent average I'd say. I would have slept most of the day today but, as Young MC would say: "Next day's function, high class luncheon, food is served and you're stone cold munchin'."

So I got up and went. I'm still sick, but I've officially got to the phase where I'm just kind of dazed. Which leads to interesting side effects. For instance when a person is talking to me right now, I'm just looking at them and listening. Normally I'm thinking. Alot. About a myriad of things, like how long I should maintain eye contact before nonchalantly glancing away. Or whether or not I should look at their eyes or mouth. Or, if they have some distracting facial feature, how hard I should avoid looking at it. Or which of my wide array of expressive facial expressions I should be wearing.

But not today baby! Today it's all sittin' and starin'. It's kind of like a vacation from the normal rules of conversation. Truth be told I'm kind of enjoying it. I think I'm going to go to the college to clean out my stuff and see if that awkward time period in between seeing the only other person in a long is any better. Will I say "hey" or just ignore them completely? Who can say!

I'll keep you posted.

- Scott

10 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!! I think, "Should I have my arms crossed right now?" "How am I going to steer this conversation into the story that I want to talk about without letting them know I don't care about how their dog pee'd on the carpet." "Don't look at the cleavage, don't look at the cleavage, don't look at the cleavage..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my eyeballs as a gauge for sickness as well. When most of my periphery vision hurts, I'm looking at about 2 days down, plus recovery time.
    In unrelated news, Allyn called me in to see this figure skater who looked like you. We pretended he was you, and you lost. I think you were from Russia, or something equally cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate eyeball pain. It's the worst symptom. The WORST!

    Besides death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:27 AM

    Dude, congrats on finishing school (sorry that's a little late. I don't get to a computer very often). I went skiing yesterday in the mountains, and I just want to say thanks again for being so patient with me at Hidden Valley, as the results show. I only fell twice! And I couldn't see anything! Seriously, I was in a cloud. But then, I think I'm in a cloud here most of the time...Ciao, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap, pharmaceutical reps are writing sappy poetry now. Is nothing sacred?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop taunting me, Sally W!! I will be the end of you, I swear it! All the Xanax in the world won't save you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the interest of keeping you posted:

    I went to the mall, into Buckle, and completely ignored the pushy salesguy. His "Dude, how ya doing?" was met with a tired "spare me" glance. And he was SHUT. DOWN. It really is the best.

    Rob: Always look at the clevage. It's there for you. Ignoring the clevage is like not appreciating the garnish a chef puts on the side of your food. Just there for presentation, and once in a while lactation as well actually...

    Josh: Cold huh. Explains why I'm sick. Thanks alot. But what a lucky guy. To think there's TWO guys this good looking walking around. Amazing.

    Timmy: Si. Para ser muerto es el síntoma el peor.

    Megoni: Thanks. I do what I can. Being so skilled at so much, it would be selfish not to share it. Did you try any black diamands? Or double black diamonds? Or triples? Because I'm sure you could have.

    Sally W: Congratulations. You're the only blog spam I'm tolerating.

    Tim: Way to stick it to her.

    Ro: Well aren't you special. I'll make sure to cough on you next time.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Great work!
    [url=http://vshzuyvn.com/fody/ueze.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dsruiwff.com/drdn/xldq.html]Cool site[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Thank you!
    http://vshzuyvn.com/fody/ueze.html | http://xhhzynou.com/hsmk/lfpv.html

    ReplyDelete