Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Que pasa?

Well I'm glad you asked. At the moment I'm planning my Christmas break. A big part of my plan involves cutting out of classes a week early. I know, I'm so hardcore, you guys should start calling me Johnny Hardcore. And make me cut holes in my jeans. And put a special emphasis on the 'core' in hardCore because I like the way it sounds, and if you don't do it I'll switchblade your lilly white surbaban middle-class ass! That's right, I fit exactly into the mold of the non-conformist. Take that social programming!

On Thursday the 16th I'm headed out with Stevo, and Mr. Barry to see the Ho Ho Show at the Pagent. Usually The Point and their corporate rock shows are below me, but I like the Pagent and check out this artist list:

  1. Jimmy Eat World
  2. Cake
  3. Lostprophets

The week of the 20th I technically have school but choose to blow it off for a ski trip with my friends. We're heading up to Galena, IL which my mom reminded me was the first place I've ever skiied in my life. I was 4 at the time, and already a good little yuppie in training. My life became so much more interesting the day the little Chicago Suburb kid possibility died. Thank you Jerseyville. I mean, I wouldn't be makin' moonshine and going to hoe down's in barns if I lived in Naperville would I? I think not. Well, not until the cataclysm, in accordance with the prophesy.

Anyway, the crew heads out the 19th and gets back the 22nd. I swear you guys are going to go nuts over the shenanigans that will abound on this trip. I've got a few good ones in mind...and one or two great ones. Also I'll bring the digi cam, so expect some fan-friggin-tastic photos and maybe an over the top photo essay. I know you all want to be a part of my life, and here's your chance. I pull off capers all the time, but I don't usually take requests. This time, I'll consider it.

So, what ski-trip antics would you most like to see come from this trip?

I'll provide the photos, you provide the bad influence - Scott

3 comments:

  1. Wow Scott, I'm really sorry that you don't have any comments... I really like the Reality Show Blogging thing too - I had considered multiple times myself, but never really commited to it. Even though I don't really have anything spectacular to give to you, I feel extrodinarly compelled to post SOMETHING. So right now, as I'm typing this, I'm going to try and come up with something good for you to do... Thinking... I'm thinking "Lobsters" or... "Blow up doll." There you have it Scott. Right this second, that's the first thing that came to mind. You either need to go liberate one of those lobsters from the tanks at Walmart, and instead of taking him to the same ol' hot tub that most of his little friends will wind up in. Take him on a ski vacation of a lobster-lifetime. Or take a blow up doll with you. Dress her up in a ski out fit - take pictures of you two together on the lift... just let the moment take you.

    Yeah, that's the best I could do spur of the moment. I could have paused the typing for just 10 seconds and came up with something better, but I like the fact that I just pushed through it without anything in mind yet.

    Good luck with that.

    P.S. If you can get a blow up sheep instead of a doll, I would say that's good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob, I appreciate the comment. I've been wondering about the lack of commentation on my blog lately I'm thinking:

    1. My content is off. Nobody cares, or I don't really leave much to post on by the end of the rambling.
    and/or
    2. I've pissed off a lot of people. Possibly both. Although I know there are a lot of people who read this site because I got like 50 responses to my love quiz deception.

    Who knows. That blowup doll idea...I like it! I'll have to incorporate it, right now I have to go to my psyc class. At least they told me it was a class, for some reason I'm lying on a couch and the 'teacher' is just asking me questions I already know the answer to. I mean they're about ME! - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a tough act to follow, Scotty. Plain and simple. It would be like Carrotop coming on after Seinfeld. What's the freaking point.

    Wicked jealous about the lineup at the Ho Ho Show. JEW is one of my favorite bands ever and I've never seen them live. They also have a great acronym.

    And there's nothing wrong with skiing. It's a fantastic recreation. I think you should flip the script on the ever-present skiers/snowboarders rivalry. Follow them around and rock their world with your amazing tricks. Be the rude skier to all the well-mannered snowboard kids. That'll teach them.

    ReplyDelete