Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Hey dere, hi dere, ho dere

Well hello childrens, I haven't posted in a few days. But am now forced to thanks to the perfect storm of both Tim and Rob posting on the same day. Thanks alot assholes! But I'm comforted in the fact that it takes two people to make me look bad, so I think I almost break even. Here's the next post in my series of "girls-on-TV-that-I-want-who-would-never-have-anything-to-do-with-me" posts. It's actually the one that kicked them all off, but I just didn't get the chance to post it before. Here is the infamous Chloe Sullivan dinner date paper I recently turned in in my Writing for the Professional class.

Journal #2: My Mystery Date

If I could have dinner with one person, living or dea, fictitous or real, I'm fairly certain that I would have dinner with Chloe Sullivan, of TV's Smallville. The reasons for this decision are more than simply because "she's hot". No, there is much more to the decision than physical apperance, although it doesn't hurt. You see, Chloe is a character that I have enjoyed watching (on oh, so many levels) over four seasons of Smallville, however in that time she never had decent boyfriend.

In one instance, a boy feigned interest only to suck her body heat from her body for sustenance. In another, she was merely a pawn to get to the show's protagonist: Clark Kent. Even when she dated Clark, he ditched her at the prom to rescue Lana Lang (the attractive, but frusterating mocha skinned cheerleader) from some "Perfect Storm" of tornados. And it wasn't just because he wanted to save her life, or even the idea of having both girls at once, which has crossed my mind; he was romantically interested in Lana. So he ditched Chloe at the prom without a word, which is a pretty crappy thing to do to her. They quickly broke up.

Chloe has it bad enough on the romance front, but even at home things are chaotic. Her mom vanished from the lives of Chloe and her father without a trace, only to be found years later in a mental institution, with a hereditary mental disease no less. So potentially Chloe has this ailment as well. Not only does this add some character development and emotional shading to h er, I can only speculate that a fairly hot girl with a mental disease would only amount to a lot of fun for me.

Her problems are not limited to her family and friends however, she managed to incur the wrath of an unscrupulous billionaire Lionel Luthor. At first she was in league with him, but after awhile her good nature won out and she broke off their deal. Or tried to, her plan more or less failed. But eventually she got him to confess to the murder of his own parents and sent him to jail. I like this whole exchange because, 1. My plans often fail, despite good foundations and 2. I end up improvising a lot too, and it works out for me. So we have that in common, when you add to that mix the clever points she gets for tricking him into confessing and recording it, and this girl is shaping up nicely.

Through all this disaster and calamity Chloe has maintained her spunky personality, her hard hitting reporting, her wicked style, and her charisma. She has a rocky past as far as love is concerned, but I think this girl just needs a good man. And I am that man. So for these reasons and more I think she would make an interesting dinner partner.


- Scott

3 comments:

  1. Are you passing this class, Scott? Because as you said, this paper was for Writing for the Professional. If the class was Writing for the Professional Creepy Dude, you'd be getting an A. Or the Professional "Riddled with Grammatical Errors and Misspellings" Guy. Same grade. But as it is, if I was your professor, you'd be professionally failing.

    Awesome paper though. Seriously. It's sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few things, first off this is from our "journaling" or our "hippy-journaling-bullshit" as I call it. It's not graded on grammar, although usually my grammar is much, much better. Secondly, this was the third time I wrote it. Something was up with my computer: every time the dude next to me got up and sat down, it would restart. So it's really the distilled version, a lot of the original is missing because I had to rewrite it each time. Gaaah. Finally, since I didn't have a digital copy I just now retyped it and added a bit.

    For all these reasons the grammar and spelling are going to be pretty well fucked. But, that wasn't the point. However, as I am a prideful man I should mention that I got into my college and a full ride scholarship on an essay contest. So there!

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to juxtupose two seperate comments:

    "I can only speculate that a fairly hot girl with a mental disease would only amount to a lot of fun for me."

    "I truly believe that sooner or later, one of Scotty's jokes is going to get him killed. I'm looking forward to this, not because I want him dead, but because it'll have to be a really good joke."

    He's pushing the envelope. I like it. "Edgy" is the word I use to describe Scott.

    ReplyDelete