Monday, October 04, 2004

Rage Against the TV

When did TV turn on me? Where there used to be a fool hardy friend, there is now a devious trickster ready to stab me in the back or otherwise confuse me. Let me explain:

I'm just sititing at home, watching the tube (hard to believe I know, bear with me). And this commercial for a reality show comes on. Since I was watching FOX I wasn't the least bit skeptical. It was "Tiny House: the love was sent from heaven but the house was built too small." I laughed my ass off. I was thinking this is the greatest reality show EVER. They were bumping their heads on the ceiling, trying to make love on the too small bed, you name it. Like a brobdingnagian suburban couple would, I suppose. I even liked the characters, there was a bit of insight into them. The husband had a catch phrase "awesome." Ok so that's more like a catch word, but he was using it alot. And the wife...was there too.

But then WHAMMO, it's all been a farce. The voice over says "the drama is real, but it won't save you up to 15% on car insurance." By the time he was saying "save you up to..." I was literally screaming NOOOOOOOOOO. I think I scared my neighbors, I heard them in the hallway and when I yelled there was a scurrying of feet and a door slammed. Which made me laugh pretty hard again. But when that wore off I was pissed again. How could Gieco do this to me? I mean, I expect this shit from SNL but from the Gecko? WHY GOD WHY?! - Scott

2 comments:

  1. Two posts on the same topic! Madness. I thought the first one didn't go through so I posted this one. But I don't want to delete either of them, so just read them both. And get both sides of the story.

    Actually I'd guess it's more like 1.25 sides of the story. But whatever, it's more than you deserve - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:50 PM

    Scott, I found your blog though the "next blog" thing at the top of the page. I was just looking through them. I bookmarked this one, it's so funny. Thanks for brightening my day

    - <3 Melissa

    ReplyDelete