Thursday, October 07, 2004

Go Team Venture!

I haven't posted in a few days, but I've been busy. With what you ask? How presumptious, I don't answer to you. But since I have a good answer I might as well give it. The last couple of days have been pretty righteous. Let me take you back to a few days ago (cue music: deedly do deedly do deedly do deedly do deedly do)

I was supposed to be starting as a writer for a website and a journalist for my school paper (how Chloe Sullivan, I know). So, that was comming up but I didn't have alot written. Then all of a sudden the date I said I'd start for the website was all up ons and so was the school newspaper meeting. Crap. I was supposed to have things written for both (well, one I did) and I had diddley. Jack Diddley. You know, I didn't even have Jack Diddley. On the basis of clean up and harsh-itude I didn't even not have Jack Diddley, it was in the realm of Jack Sh*t. One step above Jack the Ripper and 100 under Cracka Jack.

Anyway I went to the meeting for the paper (which is called The Eagle) and I was clearly the most awesome person present. Based on both writing skills and mitichlorian count. The faculty member in charge (ha!) of us told me she had a special 'job' for me. Despite the innuendo (or perhaps because of it) I was interested. And while I was buying jeans at White Oaks Mall with my mom, who should wander by but Ms. Hager, my english teacher/newspaper ward. It turns out they want me as the editor. I originally had an exclamation point at the end of that sentance but it struck me as over excited. Holy crap! I'm editing already. Although I guess I always have, you don't get this good by osmosis.

Also on this prestigous day my first article is published on Eq2.OGaming.com check it out. I'm the community digest by "Scott 'QuienAmorphous.'" Basically I write a gossip column about the EQ community. How cool I must sound, so moving right along....

In other news, I went and visited Haley yesterday at Lincoln Christian College. It was cool, we watched Smallville with her and her friends. I pretended I knew everyone already...some of them bought it. Good times, good Smallville episode. More naked Lois! Because frankly, I support it. The only hitch in the night was that when I got there I didn't have her number to call her. So I called everyone I could think of, and as a last resort, her cousin. Who was pissed that I called just get a number. Oh well. My handy new digital voice recorder helped out there (I got it for interviews and such) just had to say the number and play it back. I've also taken to making Norm McDonald style notes to self. Which I really like, because I can make myself laugh. With the added bonus of getting to hear my own voice! Win, win.

Finally, in my Java class we're programming robots. We work in pairs and he announced on Tuesday that the winning pair gets a robot for each person. Me and a guy named Jimmy are in a team. Today I chose the team name: Team Venture. Then joked about making shirts. Well...


That's right. I done did it. GO TEAM VENTURE! Those robots is ours baby. No contest, we have shirts! What do you have, good programming? Like that'll do it. Piish, good luck buddy. We'll be over here in our shirts. - Scott

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:08 PM

    Never a wrong time for a t-shirt with Scott. It doesn't really matter what the event/group is, how can you be defined as a group/event without a t-shirt? You can't. College has made this much more clear to me. It matters not what you're doing, BAM here's a t-shirt! I guess it all started as a kid with sports teams. You'd be wearing your poor ass jersey with the rest of your half matched team and play against the team looking like they came straight out of some new soccer mag with their matching new jerseys, shorts, socks, and soccer bags... which eventually we bought. Guess that's the idea though, doesn't matter how well you can play, as long as you look nice and organized, and this has held true throughout life. So, I'll continue walking around through life not knowing a damn thing, but hey, I've got the group t-shirt, in your face. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

    -The Anon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:25 PM

    Geeez, do you have a lot of time on your hands or something? another funny post tho. I read the thing you wrote for that site. I did't really understand it, but what I got was pretty funny. ---- <3 Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:59 PM

    Hey Scotty. Thanks for the compliment on my blog. I do what I can you know. It would be sweet if you came out to visit. It's been awesome out here.

    So yeah, come on out here whenever you feel like. I'll be here. I don't think I'm going back to Illinois for a visit until like the week after Christmas. After that, I'll be out here until I visit sometime in summer. If you can make it out here, you've got a place to stay.

    btw. . .your blog ain't so bad either. Keep it up.

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:50 PM

    Being in Scott's Java class, I would like to let everyone know that his team is pretty solid and they have a good chance of winning. That is of course if i don't win, as i am teamed up with the professor! But it is not all peachy as it sounds. Nonetheless, his talk of team venture, and the shirts, are completly true and he even plans to where them to class tommorow. Should be interesting. By the way his little voice recorder only builds more upon is current ego trip of: I am an eagle scholar, editor, and .... I HAVE MY OWN OFFICE...YEAH! Eventually his lazy and purdent nature will catch up with him, and a smack in the head will come from my robot, and he will have felt the terrorism of my "competitive nature" (as our ADP teacher descibes it).
    - Zac

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, my nature isn't lazy; I had to learn that. Second off did you mean prudent? Because purdent isn't even a word. Furthermore, GO TEAM VENTURE. - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:19 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:26 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete