Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Top (five) of the Pops

Wow, if I knew those ridiculous camera phone pictures I took a month ago were going to stir such good discussion I would have hopped off my lazy ass and posted them sooner. But timing is everything and I guess that was their time. Who knows. Anyway, things have calmed down a spell here in wacky (read: rigid) journalism land. What does that mean for you? Postage of course. Not the 39¢ kind. The priceless kind.

Top Five:

1.) The greatest thing ever. This relates directly to number three on my bottom five. It is, in fact, what I believe Rumsfeld was attempting to do. Unfortunately we missed exactly what happened to the hippy. But it was such a stealthy blow I have no doubt that he was bleeding internally, and completely unconsious of it.

2.) Franklin, you old hound. America The Book on founding fathers and why they'd be unelectable today: Franklin. "He loved the ladies. Loved 'em. Old, young, fat, thin, whatever. Couldn't get enough. Just loved 'em." In addition, I choose to believe this is why he had to do so damned much in his little planner. You try to juggle women. You need time management.

3.) V for Congressman. I won't say I knew it would happen. But I will say I hoped it would happen. I just wish I could be there today when it all goes down. (Also that I had the costume.)

4.) 30 minutes or it's late because we were discussing the "big questions and stuff..." An aside about weed for a second children, shall we? I have to say, I'm dissapointed. Pot smokers have grown increasingly lazy. And I don't mean as a result of the drug. I mean as a group. I don't want to get into an "In my day..." type thing. Because it's clearly far too early for that. But I will say that having it delivered to your home is nothing like what people in my generation had to go through. A personal example of mine you can read here. Also, nobody knows how to roll anything anymore except Europeans, and they're doing it to smoke their own cigarettes (which is about as cool as whittling.)

5.) Election Wrap-up Vid. I thought about not posting this. I don't need to gloat. I don't want to be that guy. However, most of it I hadn't seen, and because I think the kids of today need to know how to roll a blunt, and who better to show them than Donald Rumsfeld.

Bottom Five:

1.) I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords. Hopefully I'll be given a cushy position within the new robo-administration. Like Baltar got. Except I'd request two #6's three #8's and no Xena Warrior Princesses.

2.) Wal-Mart: Nothing gets by them. An accidental slip, sure. But was the slip not noticing the Nazi implication, or was it that too many of us heard about it. Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

3.) Rummy subtly responding to (what can only be) a grad student. He's clearly been trained in the art of the Kung Fu - Fuck You.

4.) More terrifying reasons for a low approval rate. The more I think about it, the more I'm glad that there are people storming the capital in V costumes right now.

5.) Another "hell-in-a-handbasket" story. Because they're plentiful and the more we hear about it the more we hate it. Does that help? Who knows. But it definitely belongs on the Bottom Five.

- Scott

7 comments:

  1. Not to steal your thunder, but I like this election wrap up video slightly more:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZlBeCASuQ0&eurl=

    Vaya con dios, my darlings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu missed one.

    http://www.apocalypsecartoons.com/falime/flme.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nessa, that's fantastic. It's one of my favorite books, along with the curse of lono, and ralph steadman's art is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was awesome. To anyone who didn't read the Franklin letter it was explaining why older women are better for sex.

    #3 Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc'd may be attended with much Inconvenience.

    #6 Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally liked numbers seven and eight. As follows:

    7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.

    8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!

    Love that guy.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm...Scotty - have you see this?

    http://msdewey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also # 4 - "Mercenary Prostitutes;" this sounds like a special forces unit of the National Guard.

    Some info you might not have known about the Guard:

    "The Army National Guard is an elite group of warriors who dedicate a portion of their time to serving their nation. Each state has its own Guard, as required by the Constitution; in fact, it is the only branch of the military whose existence is actually required by the Constitution."

    So - now we know what Ol' Ben was up to, giving that "impassioned speech, in which he used his persuasive powers to urge all delegates to sign the Constitution."

    Impassioned indeed. But I think number 5 is best. Even back in revolutionary times, they were puttin' the paper basket on the non-lookers. Regard only what is below my girdle! It continues to the last as plump as ever!

    Yours Truly - V.

    ReplyDelete