Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"Think the drink through."

Dragging my feet on the election story I'm covering, which is due by 8:00 a.m. tomorrow, I'm looking for any excuse to do something else. I had a beer. Made myself a sandwich (from my delicious deli fixin's I pick up weekly). Had a beer with my sandwich. Then enjoyed another beer.

Then I wanted dessert. I went to the Bailey's Irish Cream to pour myself a nightcap and stopped. "Oh God, I'll be too drunk to write."

...and then I laughed and laughed. Because we all know that as a whole, writers are a sober, clean and virtuous folk.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to fill this mug again.

- Scott

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:48 PM

    This is totally off topic, but you're not online so I can't send it to you that way. This...THIS...is the most amazing photo ever:

    http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/2006108rr_santorum_concedePJ_580.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God, it's a scene from "Little House On the Prairie and the Sorcerer's Stone"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nessa, off topic is generally welcome. Doubly so when it involves Harry Potter and the Adoptive Republican Family.

    R2k, the NY Bathroom reviewer on my blog. I'm honored.

    Jakey, damn it. You commented along similar lines. But look at the kid. Harry Potter is the only place you can go with it. Although Little House on the Prairie was a nice touch. I didn't even notice the doll at first. Seriously, what the hell?

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. The true charm of that photo is not only that the crumple-faced choirgirl is holding a doll, but that the doll, her dress, and her headband, all coordinate.

    As you have dubbed her clearly autistic brother harry potter, I have dubbed the soppy-faced sniveler Headbands. Also her older sister behind her looks like someone just kicked a puppy. The more I look at this photo, the more I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and THE New York Bathroom reviewer called me, and I quote, "ultra hot."

    But then Scotty, we knew that already. If I were a NY restroom, I'd obviously be getting many thumbs up.

    Now someone explain to me why that sounds so very, very wrong...

    ReplyDelete