Thursday, December 08, 2005

I prefer the invasion of the Fantanas

So, I like monsters. I'm excited (finally after originally thinking it was a dumb idea for a remake) about King Kong. When I read what looked like a legitimate BBC article about a zombie-like disease infecting people in Thailand I was thrilled. I know how to fight zombies! I've practically been training my whole life. For instance I know that you have to destroy the brain to really shut one down. You might unload a clip into it, and it might go down. But once you get to the key and pass back over it, the allegedly re-dead zombie will spring back to un-life with increased strength and speed. It is what is known as a "Crimson Head." Although if he does get you just make sure to combine some red and blue herbs to restore health and posion resistance to continue the fight.

See? I'm ready. (It should be noted that I figured out the article was a fake in about three seconds, but I just wanted to believe so bad...) However there is one mythical plague that I'm completely ill-prepared for. And that is the invasion of the giant jelly fish. They're currently attacking Japan. And most surprisingly of all, it's legit. Here's a link to the story. And below is a picture of the beasts shortly before devouring one of their human prey.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY FISH!

Terrifying. Even more so because if someone made a Metroid joke here I would laugh. I think the best part of this whole story however, is that the people of Japan are responding... by eating the invaders. The thing I take away from all of this is that I should move to Japan, the women dress like schoolgirls, giant sea creatures invade sometimes, and passing out business cards is customary. If it weren't for them damn ninjas flipping out and killing people and popping 10 boners... maybe, just maybe.

- Scott

6 comments:

  1. Giant jellyfish are creepy. Tales are often spun in the Ryder household about the time when little baby Josh got stung by a jellyfish and cried his eyes out. Or was that me? He manufactures so many memories, I can never remember.

    "Crimson Head?" "Red and blue herbs?" What the eff? Are you referencing some video game I have no knowledge of? Zombies Ate My Neighbors, perhaps? Poor form, sir.

    Hey, my computer was broken, but it's (kind of) better now. So I'm back. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, I don't believe that either one of us were stung by a jellyfish, I would know, I would have made that memory up by now. Or maybe they stung you and you didn't realize, because you couldn't feel it through your fat fat baby skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I know! Resident Evil.

    Oh god. I've just upped my dork factor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no, just a little indie title known as "Resident Evil". I think it would have done better if it somehow dominated the PlayStation One in the 90's and then the Gamecube in the... 00's(?).

    Also, I got stung by a multitude of jellyfish that were thick in Cheasapeake Bay. It was rough. Twice I went back out after the initial stinging. Both times I was careful, but would inexplicably find myself surrounded all of a sudden then get stung as I headed back in. From that day on I decided I hate all brainless creatures. For this reason I refuse to work for a large corporation.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. See Tim, she beat me to it by two minutes, but even a GIRL knew it. Albiet an awesome one like Wendy, but a girl none-the-less. No Y chromosome to be found. You sir, are a failure.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah Tim, Resident Evil is another one of those titles that Ro busted out on me a while back. She apparently loved that game, except that late at night she would habitually bust through a door and immediately pause the game to see if there were bad guys inside because they scared the *@!%# outta her.

    ReplyDelete