Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Eye, Eye.

The internet always surprises me. Every time I think I'm alone on something, others chime in. Or I chime in with others. To be fair, sometimes I just add my two cents, not quite a chime. In any case, the word "chime" is slowly losing its meaning with each repetition, so I'll retire this not-quite-dead-but-probably-paralyzed-horse right now.

My point is this: the last post I put up was just some random thought I had and instead of casting me as the heretic I am, people kind of took it and ran. So, I have another question that I've spoken of in real life, but never had anyone take seriously.

Does anyone else see the world in two different tints?

My left eye sees the world in through a cool (warmth wise) green tint. I dub this the "Matrix Eye." My right eye has a warmer reddish tint to it. I dub this my "Right Eye." Really it reminds me of playing with the contrast knobs on an old TV set. It's to the point where my arms (if I can only see one in each eye) seem to have different tans.

I don't know if what I'm saying is immediately clear, so I whipped up an image to demonstrate. It's a picture of me from last summer when I wasn't in such good shape, but it's all I had access to at work. Be gentle.


Greenish Scott on the left, Reddish Scott on the Right.

Basically that's what someone with eyes like mine would see as they looked through binoculars at me. Or, in other words, that's what I would see if I could go back in time. Because that's all I'd do. Look at myself. Look at myself from different angles, look at myself changing clothes, look at myself in the sho... well... you get the picture.

Anyway. My question from above was: is anyone else similarly eff'd up? (As far as the eyes are concerned.)

- Scott

11 comments:

  1. My uncle had that. He thought it was really weird until he found out it was because the steroids had given him a brain tumor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:58 AM

    I'm kind of envious. It'd be like it's always Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. JV, thankfully the only side effect from the juice is shrunken testicles. Now I can walk around normally.

    Kiley (you know I mentally refer to you as Kylie right?), yeah. Maybe this is why I never really liked the red and green together. I pretty much see that any time both eyes are open.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. stealing images is for losers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. er, bandwidth. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JV, I was posting my latest opus when I saw your comment. I paused. Looked at it closely. Scratched my ass. Took a nap. Came back.

    It still doesn't make any sense.

    What the hell are you talking about?

    Thank you.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the matrix one. Ha! Just realized that.

    However in my defense it is stated in the DMCA that you cannot copy an image from another site and post it as your own. Not without the approval of the other site. The legal solution is to post a direct link.

    I'm just a law abiding citizen. What can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dammit. what the hell is wrong with my browser? I keep having to delete comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:24 AM

    I have noticed something similar in the past. Not quite the same since I only have the red eye thing going on in my left eye with no green tint in the other, but it seems like it used to be more distinct, while now I have to actually pay close attention to notice that it's still like that.

    ReplyDelete