Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Crush of the Week: Kate Winslet

Well, now that I'm single, and I'm drowning in free time (at work mostly) I think the conditions are primed for the return of the CotW segment. Apologies to both Kristen Bell and Wendyloo Pseudonym (who contributed a bit) for leaving that post without further discussion, but I think we were all sick of her.

But Kate Winslet, now that's another story. I'm not actually sure it's possible to get sick of her. I mean, the woman looks so drastically different from one time period to another that it took me longer to find a picture of her that was decent and looks like her than any other CotW. And despite Nessa's assertion that it looks like she forgot someone's dinner, twice, I still think it's a fairly decent picture. Let's run down her features shall we?

Why she's worthy: First of all, give me an accent, and I'm already half way to a crush of the week. And she's an actress, in addition to the natural one, she can probably manage four or five others. One day she's Cockney Kate, the next she has a strong Irish brogue, after that... I don't know. Spanish or something. To keep things interesting. And she's a good enough actress that I think she could pull it off. She really should have an Oscar by now. My guess is that the right role portraying a mental toughing it out in the Holocaust hasn't come along just yet, but here's hoping.

Bonus Features: I was going to find some new Kate Winslet material. Something you hadn't all seen. But since no one commented on it (and if you'd watched it you would have had to) on the last post, I'm embedding the video that made me select her as this week's fleeting, ephemeral crush.



By the way, the word of the day is "purple headed womb ferret." Make sure to yell really loud when it comes up in everyday conversation.

- Scott

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:38 PM

    yes, I too really love Kate Winslet. And any love I have for anything is always magnified by any kind of Office tie. *satisfied, eye-closing, exhale* And by the way, she looks like Alicia Silverstone in the picture on the right. Wierd. Keep Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiley, seriously. Any Office tie in and I'm willing to part with my skepticism, cash, and situationally my clothing. Bizarrely, no one can really find a picture of her where she doesn't look like something else. That's why I called her protean, because the woman changes form slightly less often than Mystique and Zeus combined. She's the tofu of actresses, absorbing a bit of this and a bit of that, and always reminding you of something else. And yet... still I digg her.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete