Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Quien.

God this is nerdy, but...

Nine years ago today, at 7:58 PM Central Standard Time, someone very dear to me came into creation. He was born to the Fier'Dal, they of the city Felwithe, otherwise known to the gallimaufry lesser races as the 'High Elves.'

His name was Quien. He was an Enchanter. And his legend is still sung throughout Norrath*.


Don't mess with me, I've got a scepter, a beer stein, and an ass-full of magic to unleash.

So today I raise my glass to you Quien Amorphous. You drew me in for several years playing a game that was otherwise like a bad first wife: difficult, expensive, and to which I was making payments long after we had broken apart. But I learned a lot, and I would not be the geek I am today had it not been for my tenure in your shoes*.

So Quien, this Minotaur Hero's Brew is for you.

* Seriously, stop into any pub in the Steamfont Mountains and ask about the Enchanter who figured out a way to stop the windmills.
** Hell, I learned about Cisco, pathping, and telnet while out with some stranger in the middle of nowhere camping a super rare spawn mob.

No comments:

Post a Comment