Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Top Five Records

...was the name of Rob Gordon's record company in High Fidellity. It's also a good reference for the several records that have been set by my top five section. The most recent addition to the hit parade of touted top five/bottom five records is the longest non-updated list. I hope you really enjoyed the screaming PS3 nerd, Wes Anderson's commercial, scorpion venom, county jail beauty contests and extremely high bridge trolls, because you had a good eight weeks of them.

Now we're back in business, and I'm adding a post to the affair. I've always wanted to better explain my pithy little links, and that's what this segment will do from now on (bonus, I already have a half finished Crush o' the Week lined up for tommrow's posting). So here goes, I'ma explain you why I picked h'waht I picked.

Top Five:

1.) Grad students met up for some drinks, comiseration, and sneering disaprovingly at undergrads. Since we don't know each other that well yet it was reminiscent of the early episodes in a reality show. In a related story, I sometimes worry greatly about the way I perceive the world, but I can't right now because I'm working out who the strongest person to enter into an alliance with would be.

2.) and also 3.) Grad students are, apparently, to expect lots of reading. Sure there's a payoff at the end, but before that we get to deal with looooooong passages of rambling, but erudite descriptions of the state of the media, the horrors of splitting infinitives, and how much better things were before bloggers (Yo.) came along. However you get fun reading. It's long but you should enjoy it. Two is quite possibly the scariest internet story ever told, and Three is a more comical runner up.

4.) "I don't care about The Prime Directive; we gotta go beyond Warp Factor 9 to Warp Factor: Love." If that doesn't sell you on it, there's hilarious nerd dancing as well.

5.) More nerd video editing fun. Just watch it.

Bottom Five:

1.) Self explanitory. Also, my bad.
2.) Goodspeed good Croc Hunter.
3.) Incidentally, the footwear by the name Croc has incured my wrath. They're the only shoe that can go anywhere, do anything, and be completely unacceptable all the while. Sure they're the finest in dish-washable footwear, but they're the worst foot accessory since Jellies.
4.) Girlfriend's 21st birthday, I couldn't feel my NECK. Though my aim was impeccable when the time came.
5.) Seriously, it's just tacky.

- Scott

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:02 AM

    This is a fantastic post. Thanks for explaining your Top Five! I always thought it would be great if you did. You're awesome and everyone loves you.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...ok yes. I did post a comment. But I thought, since it's two weeks later. Damn subconsious signing my name after everything I write...

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete