Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Secret Cabal.

I've often thought that a sufficiently intelligent film maker would just steal from the sheer comedic gold mines that are the Wonder Blog, Not All Who Wander Are Lost, and Rob's Space. I sometimes assumed it would be our very selves a few years down the road when we've become firmly engrained in the public consious as some of the funniest, most attractive, and therefore best people around. However the powers that be have decided that they will cull their rancid harvest from the seeds of comedic genius that grow in our young, fertile ruminations. Specifically this abomination:




I'll spare you if you don't want to watch it.

Synopsis
: Robin Williams plays a fake news anchor (basically Jon Stewart) who runs for president as a ratings stunt... and wins.

Now if this seems a mite familiar take a gander at this post from October 2004 over on Tim's blog. Here it is edited to the relevant points:

10.21.2004

Celebration station

Some quick props must be thrown out tonight.

[...]


Props to Jon Stewart for yelling at the stupid people who host Crossfire. If you haven't seen the video or read the transcript yet, I highly recommend it. It's hilarious and he makes some excellent points.

[...]

3 Comments:

Scotty 2 Hotty said...

Damn, I meant to make my next post on Jon Stewart and his solid performance on Crossfire. Oh well, at least it's out there. He was right on through and through. Everytime Jon makes a serious speech he's always insightful, clever, and most importantly honest. We should start electing comedians to public office. Just not Robin Williams, I don't want an improvised 5 1/2 hour State of the Union delivered by a guy in a tuxedo and converse all stars. Robin's ok in small doses. Or when he's doing standup. Other than that...yeah.* - Scott

1:11 PM

Timmy Tapeworm said...

[...]

Scott - I just imagined that improvised State of the Union. After regaining consciousness, I'd have to agree that I would not want to see that ever.* Seeing him on Inside the Actor's Studio is bad enough. And as far as comedians being elected go...I'm voting for a reteaming of Fey/Fallon for President in 2008. And you better believe Tina Fey is going for President. Rroww...

3:52 PM

The message is clear; Hollywood is stealing from us. And we demand a cut (even if it's an abomination like this one.)

- Scott

*Emphasis added.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:09 PM

    That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous, whichever anonymous it may be. But I appreciate the nod. That said, the post itself may be hilarious, but Hollywood's theivery from our humble blogs is not to be tolerated. At the very least I'm putting it on my resume.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bastards! I demand a cut of the box office. Or at least a walk-on cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:27 PM

    Boys keep on wishing! Hollywood is not going to pay you a cent and I doubt they give you a cameo, let a lone a sandwich from the catering service there on set... But keep on being funny!!

    ReplyDelete