Monday, August 07, 2006

Quick Post

Sorry to be so flighty with the posts lately. Things in the wide world of Scott have been a bit hectic recently. In addition, my brother's computer overheated and will no longer tolerate his large-and-in-charge video card. So I had to give him mine to quell his whining about not being able to play Counterstrike. I recommend everyone experience an online Counterstrike game once in their lives so you can fully understand how awful fetal alcohol syndrome is and what kinds of "adults" it produces.

Anyway I realize that I'm leaving a void in your lives. Nessa can't live without my pithy and well written "Crush o' the Week" or scathing, merciless, and cleverly named "Anti-crush of the Week". Both of which are returning within the month (probably this week actually.) And that's just one example. Several of you are no doubt yearning for a sidebar update. Yearn no more fair readers! I've a truckload of links, praise worthy individuals and villians (for the bottom five) to dump on you. I'm also spending time writing and editing a post I like to call "The Greatest Story Ever Told" it involves theft... from a zoo. I'll not say more here.

But in the mean time I think you could all use a little Scott fix. So I'll provide it:

  1. This song. (Direct MP3 link.) It's the rock cover of the Katamari Damacy theme song. And it is the best thing for your ears since the Q-tip. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but a Japanese man singing "NA-na-na-nah-na-na-na-nah Katamari Damashiiii" to a backdrop of wild J-Pop just... completes me. How it relates to the Scott Fix: the sheer, madcap energy.
  2. Rob and Elliot. (Link to Scott-esque panel.) The character Rob is occasionally says/does something very much in line with my general demeanor. In the below example it's almost exactly the kind of thing I sometimes say that makes Jake so frusterated. (Well that, and when I make intentional errors like saying "para-diggem" and statements like "Picasso? That chump peaked with Starry Night.") Also we're both good lookin' blonde men.
And there you have it. Some Scotty-goodness for your otherwise bleak Monday. You're welcome.

- Scott

7 comments:

  1. I just have to say again, that comic exemplifies you to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I'm pretty sure Jakey McJake just Bruno'd your ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY FOR SCOTT AND TIM POSTING AGAIN!!!

    I was feeling alone...

    so very alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:21 PM

    um.....turns out, Q-tips aren't good for you , so unless you were trying to diss the song on the sly.... you're going to need a new analogy....

    *The term "expert" is here used to denote unemployed RMC Med student...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob, yes yay for us. We're pretty fantastic guys, and we don't shy away from admitting it.

    Resident Medical "Expert" (Eddi), as it turns out, hygene is very important to me. While I conceed that our bodies are adept at surviving, I have to stress that large swaths of them are disgusting and must be modified immeadiately. Usually to the tune of removing something. Hair, skin, and waxy secretions among them.

    As a result, and borne on my hatred of our hideous organic bodies, I maintain that if you accidentally puncture your eardrum in the pursuit of this sterile ideal, so be it. You can get a sweet Cochlear Implant put in and hear like a safe cracker.

    I intend to become fully bionic at the earliest conveinence.

    - Scott

    P.S. If awesome (real life) implants appeal to you, read this guy's story of upgrading his own Cochlear Implant so he can hear better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah woah woah, I did what to who now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jakey, didn't you know? To "Bruno" is an erotic man on man practice most common in Spain but it's spreading to the states (specifically through Miami Beach).

    ReplyDelete