Saturday, August 26, 2006

Chez Awesome.

Gaaah! Holy God! Sweet Living Zeus! Apparently the powers that be at the fair University of Illinois Master's Journalism program are very fond of imposing on me (in the words of Senator Ted Stevens) "enromous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material." Sorry for not posting (though not as much as I usually am), I've been swamped with things to do. And after a seven month semi-hibernation period... let's just say that it's going to take more than a double shot espresso to get me going.

However being in action is where I thrive and I've quickly worked my way to the top. Sweet apartment: check. Hot girlfriend: check. Free time for various large-university shenanigans: a qualified check. You've already seen the girlfriend (in fact, some of you are even clammoring for me to take that picture down). You're aquainted with my shenanigans. What you've all been missing out on is the apartment.


Huzzah for old things.

Here we have the very sweet old timey intercom system, and the very useful wall mounted platform where my change, wallet, phone, and pen (Pilot G2-07, all I ever use) get dropped when I breeze in the door.


Three remotes for one T.V. ...the age we live in.

Here's my living room. There's more of it, but that happens to be where I'm standing to take this picture. And at the time, was filled with boxes. Not the most photogenic material, cardboard. Is that a Ghostbusters poster you ask? Why, yes. Yes it is.


A room with a (voyeuristic) view.

Here's the bedroom. I like to sleep with the blinds open. People like to watch me. It's a symbiotic arrangement. But the bedroom itself is pretty spartan; the sole luxuries being the heater, large windows, big closet, fan, night stand, clock radio/CD player, and awesome Ghostbusters comforter. The Ghostbusters bedspread has been with me since I was three. Usually it's flipped over, but for the sake of those who thought it was too funny to hide... there it is. Laid bare.


Somewhere a Mexican Restaurant is making do with two chairs on one side of a booth.

I "procured" that sweet red booth from a Jerseyville Mexican Restaurant. Allegedly the intent was not to discard the benches, but simply put them out behind the building. Seeing them, I immeadiately borrowed my dad's truck and it has moved with me from apartment to apartment ever since.


Dinner for the health conscious.

One more of the kitchen. Meg and I were about to take off for the night, but realized that without food in our bodies the things alcohol was likely to do to us would be at best unplesant. Working from my vast array of foods, seasonings, and cooking supplies Meg managed to whip up a peanut butter and banana feast. "This is pretty much what a four year old would have for dinner," she laughed. Yeah, if that four year old is livin' hard.


More voyeurism. Crowds have begun to gather in the mornings and just before I go to sleep.

This is actually something I've always wanted. A window in the shower. I'm not sure it would be obvious unless I mentioned it, but here you have the view from my shower. Literally. I turn around and this is what I see. And since my apartment is about a block off the Quad, there are always people walking past. It's a good time.


The War Room.

From now on, this is where you'll find me cooking up diabolical schemes (and the odd blog posting). ...To be fair it's a lot more menacing when the overhead light is off.


See? Slightly more Batcave-esque.

There's one more feature of the apartment. I don't think it's expressable with mere pictures however. So, for the first time in the history of the Wonder Blog (sort of) you get a video. It would have been a really great one. I think there was take that was really solid. Unfortunately that one take was split over about five seperate videos. And I'm far too lazy to splice them together. So since whatever you were going to watch would be riddled with errors, and all of them expressed the main idea anyway, you get the best outtake reel of them all. Enjoy.

WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!




And that's where I've been lately. If you're ever in Chambanna feel free to stop by.

- Scott

P.S. If you'd like to see a slightly better one, digg this version.

9 comments:

  1. From now on, I will not refer to you as ducklet, ducks or any other endearment which is duck related. Instead, you shall be henceforth known as "my little explosive infographic."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is hilarious

    Thanks for giving me a laugh!

    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Love the Apartment! Definitely love the comforter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Woeessshh... Son of a bitch. I'm doing this over!"

    That was the best part... IMHO

    ...LOL...

    p0Wn'D bY W0oD!11!!1



    n00b.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you decided to host the best screw-up and link to the successful take. Gives me a good sense of your priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nessa, my explosive little infographic, sounds like a mediocre emo band. Which is fine. But you should know that as per the "becoming a man" clause of my Being a Total Badass contract I'm not allowed to have any emotions. Just thought I'd make that clear.

    Corie, anytime. How are things in Fargo?

    Halcyon Anon Anon, glad you aprove. I do it all for you.

    Rob, joining you in grad school I now understand the kind of pressure it can put on a guy. But under no circumstances should you type like that. Ever. At all. In fact I think this warrants an intervention. I'll see you later on today: some of your friends and family just want to... you know... 'talk'.

    Timmy, Yeah, that's more or less how I operate. Though technically I'm paying bandwidth for both of them. I just wanted the best screw up in 650 by 535 resolution. Big and beautiful baby.

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous. You have no idea the amount of jealousness I have regarding the "wall of wood." For years I've been envious of the hidden floor panels used by Lane on the Gilmore Girls...but I am, by far, more envious of the secret panel.

    Based on your videos, the first one of which made me nearly spit Dr. Pepper out of my nose, clearly sets you in my mind as the Chuck Woolery of the new millennium. If war plans don't go over well in your new digs, you can always turn the amazing wood panels into a game show. (Next time, maybe try putting on a corduroy blazer and wide-striped tie for added effect...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Scotter Wotter..

    Love the apartment... especially the wall of wood and the windows! You'll definitley need to shop for some window treatments soon. Now that you have a girl and an apartment there should be no reason why you couldn't spend a little quality time with 4 munchkins that you know and love. Let me know what works for you....I could REALLY use a break!
    Take care-
    Twig

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:28 PM

    ... I like how you wound up arranging everything , but seroiusly The Ghost Busters Comforter might be the best feeling thing ever but you could atleast flip it over so the blank side is showing!!!! Grow up Peter Pan... Count Chocula!

    ReplyDelete