Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I think I remember how this works...

It's that time again. "To make fun of people who wear fanny packs?" "To rage against the machine?" No, and no. The time at the tone will be Crush o' the Week o' Clock. It's been too long friends. And I have much to report; float trips, apartments, backwoods boys. It's been fun. And, oddly, productive. Which has been seriously confusing me. It seems that laziness conforms nicely to the formula "it's so *blank* it's *opposite of blank*." I wasn't trying to do anything this summer. But somehow I've accomplished a few things. One of which is the subject of today's post (at Rowela's request.) So without further ado Beeeeeeep. (That was the tone.)

Name: Megan C. I like to call her Meg C. Both because I'll take whatever reference to the Spice Girls I can get, and because I put her in my cell phone that way. Besides I'm not sure if I want the whole internet to be able to track her down. And last names aid in that more than anything less than a social security number.

Why she's awesome: Well, she's dating me for one. That's right ladies, I'm taken. But chin up, there's always cloning. Anyway, she's dating me. And generally that'll rank you right up there in my awesomeness book. Just under 'paying me to look pretty'. Because in that case there's payment. But dating me is a very close second.

However, these are things about me, and right now I'm supposed to be describing why she's so great. So I'll get to it. First of all, she conforms nicely to the Ozma song "Coffee Shop Girl" here's a lyrics dump.

Her name is Meg but her name tag says "Megan".

She takes her coffee black and she's a vegan.
All true. That nuance about her name and it's abbrev? Dead on. Her coffee preference? Also correct (mostly). In fact the song goes on and on in a fashion that pretty accurately describes her, but those are the two most succinct lines. Technically she's a vegetarian, not a vegan, but close enough. See? There's a song about her. Pretty awesome no?

All this is not to mention her good taste in movies, books, and music. She even read Ender's Game, which for the record, is one of the sexiest things a girl can do. Even if it's just to humor me. Perhaps especially if it's just to humor me. I could go on and on. But I'll cap this portion with the fact that she wears this shirt, and wears it quite well.

Scott Bonus: For this section I'll point out all the subtle appearances of Megan on the Wonder Blog thus far. I'm sure dedicated readers have already picked up on these cameos but I want everyone to be on the trolley.

Appearance #1: Wotcher! Post. If you look closely you'll notice her four photos down sitting in a chair reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. In the fifth panel you can see her mugging directly to camera, cementing her place in official Wonder Blog cannon.

Appearance #2: Second Happiest Place on Earth post. Once again, true to form, she appears four pictuers down, sitting on a bench.

As I've demonstrated, this is not a newly fabricated character to fill a void, but one who has been there all along, but was only recently featured prominently. And I'm glad she was. Because her backstory is pretty awesome. (She just got back from Italy.)

- Scott

5 comments:

  1. Ummm SJ still has her picture up. Don't we need to change that to go along with the new post? Hmmmm...

    Scott, congrats on finding someone who can put up with you. Megan, I'm not sure what you're thinking, but hey... I question Ro the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The horrible picture is gone. Rejoice! No longer will "Her Hideous Cheese-Face of Uglyonia" haunt the visitors of my blog. I apologize for her over-long tenure.

    But yeah, thanks. I think I've tricked her somehow. I need to work out exactly how to be sure I can maintain the illusion. But that's work for another day. (Plus I'm naturally pretty great, I should be able to coast on that for awhile.)

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:07 AM

    she's cute, and I think she could take you, more power to her.
    in reference to your bottom five #2, if you are looking for comic book conformity, this is not the movie for you...but I thought it was great...even though I saw it at 11o'clock and it's 3 hours long and I have to be up at 4:30am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really. Scotty and Meg C. Fascinating.

    I agree with Rob. Don't really know what you're thinking, Meg. But hey, who am I to deny a couple of starry-eyed youths a little piece of happiness in this crazy, mixed-up world?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek, I suppose its my fault "Not seeing Superman Returns the moment it comes out" is on the bottom five. My bad.

    ReplyDelete