Monday, August 13, 2007

Overheard in New York recogonizes brilliance when it sees it.

Check out the winners of this week's headline contest over at Overhead. Notice anyone handsome? That's right, three weeks into plugging away with potential headlines one finally gets chosen. And it's about the chosen people actually. So that works out.

Unfortunately, it's only a runner-up. But give me another three weeks. I will own that signed book. Oh yes, it will be mine1. In the mean time I have a good excuse to buy higher-priced liquor.

That's what we call a win-win. And by "we" I mean myself and my friends at the AA meetings.

1 I might be the first person to quote Wayne's World in the last four to five years. God, what have I done?

5 comments:

  1. Hi. We have Mindless Ramblings in common - thought I'd come for a looksee. In seeing Ms. Apple on your crush list, I was wondering if you'd seen Sundance Channel's Iconoclasts episode with her and Quentin Taratino...very interesting. It's available on iTunes if you are curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, and Overheard in NY is one of my favourites as well. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the looksee.

    And technically that's not Ms. Apple it's just her head which I'm using as part of a mash-up of faces to give people an idea of what the girl from my high school days looked like. She was the actual Crush o' the Week.

    But now that you've reminded me, I really do need to update that.

    Also, I like the Iconoclast plug. If you're a spammer I'm moved by their renewed attention to detail (and English spelling of "favourite" as well).

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott,

    You're ever the stud.

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been in the States longer than I ever lived in Canada, but I still feel the need to maintain a stronghold on the lingo...eh?

    ReplyDelete